Whose cloud is it?

More on point... I believe they can get whatever they want at any time anyway, whether you think "not syncing" is safe or not.

Seriously, someone stole every secret the CIA every had and dumped it on the internet... and I'm supposed to believe that by not syncing my logs, I'm behind an iron clad shroud of secrecy?!

I have not been able to use HealthyDrones because I have a P4P+ and there doesn't seem to be any way currently to get the logs off the device and onto HD. I've reviewed a lot of threads on this topic and so far haven't found the solution. So far it seems HD engineers are the only people on the planet not looking at my flight logs :rolleyes:

I have not been able to use HealthyDrones because I have a P4P+ and there doesn't seem to be any way currently to get the logs off the device and onto HD.
You can sync them from the P4P+ device and run the HD app on a different device to upload them.

You can sync them from the P4P+ device and run the HD app on a different device to upload them.
If there is a post or document somewhere I can read that walks through this process I'd be happy to check it out. I currently sync(upload) from the PLUS to the DJI cloud but I don't recall any way to download to my phone or tablet to then upload to HD. Any help is appreciated as I have seen the benefits of HD to many other flyers.

I don't recall any way to download to my phone or tablet to then upload to HD
Install DJI GO on another device and sync your flight logs from there. That'll download your flight logs onto that device.

Install DJI GO on another device and sync your flight logs from there. That'll download your flight logs onto that device.
THANKS msinger. Been weeks with the occasional struggle and attempt to figure out how to get P4P+ flight logs to HD. Done. Take the rest of the day off and go fly. You earned a vacation as far as this flyer is concerned!:D

...if I am right, this feels a lot like big brother.

Not just Big Brother, but Communist Chinese Big Brother, where the notion of privacy is different than mine as an America.

Of course, I assume that most opinions on this topic would be conjecture, but what could/would DJ I do with this data anyway?
I don't think that DJI wants the flight data, they offer this as a service, so that you can sync your logs on multiple devices.
Say you buy a new tablet to use for your Phantom. Load the Go app, and log in to your account.
Sync the new tablet, and your flight logs are there.

Reactions: Meta4
I don't think that DJI wants the flight data, they offer this as a service, so that you can sync your logs on multiple devices.
Say you buy a new tablet to use for your Phantom. Load the Go app, and log in to your account.

As Homer Simpson would say (assuming had had a drone and uploaded his flight data) "DJI certainly wouldn't do anything heinous with this flight data... or WOULD they???" [emoji6]

Very interesting question from the perspective of conversation.

I've decided that there is just SO much data available that it's impossible to control anymore, and that I care so little about what I'm doing myself that I can't see how anyone else could possibly care about what I'm doing either.
Still, it's all very fascinating. They've stored profiles from different aspects of our lives on a giant quantum mainframe somewhere in a mountain, to be used against us when they release T1000 to cull humanity in accordance to the rules set by the Georgia Guide Stones.
Here is the answer........:)

LOL..........:)

It's ironic that rather anarchistic drone aficionados are worried about who may learn their flying habits, when most folks are more legitimately concerned about whose drones are lurking, looking at them unannounced and unauthorized. It occurs to me that there might soon be legitimate concerns about someone hacking into the vast video datastream from hobbyist drones, and syncing for ulterior purposes. Just because you're paranoid ....

I don't think that DJI wants the flight data, they offer this as a service, so that you can sync your logs on multiple devices. Say you buy a new tablet to use for your Phantom. Load the Go app, and log in to your account.

If there is a crashed drone they use the logs to see if warranty covers the loss. DJI have replaced drones with faulty batteries and replaced drones with the 3.1.2 v 581 App that caused fly away's due to a changed home point. So yes uploading your flight logs can be really useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94