Who Are the Major DJI Competitors?

You revive a year old thread...
spam it with a shameless promotion for a phantom knockoff...
as your first post to this forum.

Wow.

EDIT: It's called the Smargle 1? That's, uhhh, a great name. Rolls right off the tongue. Right. :rolleyes:

Sorry @ianwood to make you upset. Just thought I would recommend a competitor of a quadcopter as it says in the title "Who are the Major DJI competitors?" Not to mention, it has been about a year and there are plenty of new up coming companies and quadcopters to tge market in 2015. Sorry if this affected someone. Not my intention to make this harmful for anyone on the forum.

Craig

Last edited:
I dont think its an exaggeration and I stand by my statement. Also my comment was not directed toward DJI but more the whole quad copter "scene" and all the company's. Also you will notice that I put "SOME PEOPLES"...not all people. I would also wager that more people will be in that category as we move forward because experience has shown that to be the case. More people hear about this new and neat tech and they have money to blow but don't have the skill set to tinker or patience to learn, they just want it work work NOW. Im not the first to see this or make comments on it either as we have all heard the stories of the P2V+ owners who take them out and crash crash crash and then complain that the quad sucks only to find out they didn't even know there was a manual. I see this all the time at work (i work in IT). People think i should just naturally know about everything electronic under the sun. They don't realize that I have to study and figure it all out the same way they would. They just don't have the patience or personality for it (which is fine because it keeps me in a job). Im not downing the people or telling anyone they shouldn't get into flying quads. All im saying is "know what your getting into before you spend your hard earned money and then your not happy with it".

On a side note the reason i bought the DJI was because i wanted something that would just work and i could fly. I didn't want to get into another "Pioneering new tech" thing like 3d printers were for me a few years ago. And it has been just what i hoped it would be. I expected some light tinkering and tuning but it has been a great quad with only minor issues. I just know that some people expect to unbox it and be master pilots with the "Top Gun" movie music playing in the background.

Stop listening to the fanboys my friend. DJI is far beyond being a tinkering, innovative drone company. It's a fast money maker evaluated to be worth $8 billion. I wouldn't buy their stock, however. The minute a similar company develops a competing, high end drone together with a relevant service department and customer service DJI is dead meat - like any company who thinks R&D is King, and product loyalty is an unnecessary evil.

GDU has been making some nice progressions and had the first real prosumer folding drone on the market with the GDU Bird Premium 2.0.

They're making great strides and really doing their best to listen to the customer, especially for the service side. We all know another three letter drone manufacturer has some holes to fill in the area of the service and support :)

Reactions: DronePilotOne
GDU has been making some nice progressions and had the first real prosumer folding drone on the market with the GDU Bird Premium 2.0.

They're making great strides and really doing their best to listen to the customer, especially for the service side. We all know another three letter drone manufacturer has some holes to fill in the area of the service and support :)

Nice! I must say, both the GDU you listed plus of course the Autel Robotics X Star premium seem like solid products at a reasonable price. The key is customer service. Not about to pay premium for a drone with "watery camera colors" or a string of basic software and hardware problems - with no customer service on hand.

Reactions: Advexure
Nice! I must say, both the GDU you listed plus of course the Autel Robotics X Star premium seem like solid products at a reasonable price. The key is customer service. Not about to pay premium for a drone with "watery camera colors" or a string of basic software and hardware problems - with no customer service on hand.

And that's where the dealer comes into play ;)

Agree! That's exactly why the 200 bucks you might save on Amazon can end up costing you 300 bucks and a minor heart attack. Dealers are small biz. I'm small biz. We know things.:)

**Fist bump** :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl