White crystals around back of cover of camera

Reaction score
This has recently appeared what is it and what's going on

Attachments

• IMG_20220611_140045402.jpg
    IMG_20220611_140045402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
You need to get back plate off that cam (4 screws) see what is causing that alkaline type corrosion,,since its pushing out the seal its no longer sealed,not seen one pushing powder out like that before,if nothing done it will eventually corrode all what's inside,easy fix but a unusual one

Reactions: Adamborz
It maybe plastic dust from friction from two plastic parts rubbing against each other. Is the Gimbal movement easy and free..Just a first glance thought. On second thoughts it does look like corrosion as it is on the vertical side also. Strange..

Hi, Have you been flying this bird over salt water or a coastal area? From what I can glean from the photo it does look like salt crystals.
All the best, Martin

I have the P4P and my camera don't look anything like that one . Just a thought but do you expose your drone
to extreme tempter changes like from AC to hot sun and Hot sun to AC . They can condensate inside and cause
corrosion . I had it happen to my Mavic Pro in a aluminum case with my goggles everything was dripping wet .
It all dried in the sun because I caught it as soon as it happened . So I open my cases overnight now before
storing them . Best of luck hope it is repairable .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164