Which set of polar pros do you use

Reaction score
Hey to all of you who film real estate homes for sale. What set of filters do you use most. The fixed ND filters or the ones with the adjustable polarizes on them

...fixed ND for me (not shooting RE yet, but plan to as soon as I secure my 107...) - with such a wide angle of view at 94 degrees coverage, a polarizer can tend to give blue skies an uneven look with a dark side and a light side as the darkening/saturizing polarizing effect transitions as the bird's orientation passes around the "90 degrees perpendicular to the light source" point (where the effect will be most pronounced) - and just a procedural note - if you are using the p4, I have found that the polar pro brand NDs are just a little bit too fat to fit in the supplied p4 gimbal protector easily - which translates into much more unnecessary filter fiddling with extremely thin and fragile optically pure glass (time suck alert!) - I find the Taco ND set to be a closer match to the OEM filter diameter and can use the supplied p4 gimbal protector without a problem - just remember to visually inspect your filters before flight every time, and if you do find a wee bug mashed on there, be super careful and ONLY gently use a clean microfiber cloth, otherwise you may inadvertantly rub away the super thin coatings they put on better filters to mitigate flare, uv, etc...

z

...fixed ND for me (not shooting RE yet, but plan to as soon as I secure my 107...) - with such a wide angle of view at 94 degrees coverage, a polarizer can tend to give blue skies an uneven look with a dark side and a light side as the darkening/saturizing polarizing effect transitions as the bird's orientation passes around the "90 degrees perpendicular to the light source" point (where the effect will be most pronounced) - and just a procedural note - if you are using the p4, I have found that the polar pro brand NDs are just a little bit too fat to fit in the supplied p4 gimbal protector easily - which translates into much more unnecessary filter fiddling with extremely thin and fragile optically pure glass (time suck alert!) - I find the Taco ND set to be a closer match to the OEM filter diameter and can use the supplied p4 gimbal protector without a problem - just remember to visually inspect your filters before flight every time, and if you do find a wee bug mashed on there, be super careful and ONLY gently use a clean microfiber cloth, otherwise you may inadvertantly rub away the super thin coatings they put on better filters to mitigate flare, uv, etc...

z
I see several taco sets . One set is multi coated and some are not that Which one are you using? Does look like a nice case

I would go with this set here. It will let you stop enough light to get a clear crisp image throughout your video. Plus Polar Pro literally has the best warranty and customer service in the industry. Any question feel free to PM me.

I would go with this set here. It will let you stop enough light to get a clear crisp image throughout your video. Plus Polar Pro literally has the best warranty and customer service in the industry. Any question feel free to PM me.

Wow nd 16,32,64 is a Little bit too much? Do you ever use the 32 or 64?

I am wondering about the pro cinema with polarized filter too? Maybe that is too much too? I am just a casual.

...the way I look at it, if your going to spend over a thousand dollars for this incredible visual beast, why would you cheap out on the one thing that can really reduce quality - a cheap uncoated filter? - always put the best quality you can in front of your lens - use the multi-coated filters, whatever brand you go with!

Is it possible to buy just the ND8 of the Cinema series?

I did this today with a ND8 at iso 100,30 fps and 1/60th shutter speed. It was about 9AM.Only have a ND8. Still working on the whole thing. Have some more filming to do tomorrow

which set are you using Matt?
I have 3 sets total. These, these, and these. This way I am ultimately prepared for anything. Any questions feel free to reach out.

Wow nd 16,32,64 is a Little bit too much? Do you ever use the 32 or 64?
I am wondering about the pro cinema with polarized filter too? Maybe that is too much too? I am just a casual.
That set is perfect for pretty much all conditions that will be thrown your way. What would you like to know about the polarizing filters?
Any questions feel free to reach out.

Is it possible to buy just the ND8 of the Cinema series?
Sure, email Jeff @PolarPro and he can hook you up no problem. But if your serious about cinematography and want the best quality and picture I would get a set. Any questions feel free to reach out.

Thanks for the reference. I already have the ND8 Gunmetal Polar Pro. I just put in an order for ND4 on Amazon. My immediate photography will be in cloudy conditions and I expect the ND4 will be required. The Cinema series does not feature ND4 if I recall correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl