Which range extender do you recommend?

I got the dbs2 antenna without the booster, I figured if I needed the boosters it's a easy add on. I have parabolics and the dbs2 are much better, so good I don't need the boosters yet. I plan to get the booster part soon as I would like more signal penetration because I like to fly in the bush from the forest floor with very small clearings. Just the antenna with a clear flight path in a clean environment can take you further than the batteries can bring you back. Remember that boosters amplify your signal and all the other ones coming in too, if your flying in dirty air boosters may not improve that much.

Boosters help more then having a dbs alone.. ANYWHERE.
I think the standalone dbs does better then parabolics as well..

Boost amps do work, but there's too much downside for me. I've had them before and it's just too much stuff to lug around. Most setups won't fit in my Think Tank Helipak backpack, and it's very roomy inside. DBS2 alone will fit OK, but not with the extra amps and battery, it's just too much. And then there's the battery charging, yet another one to charge. When I'm on long trips it's hard enough to keep craft and RC batteries charged, and with boosters you have to lug around another charger, which is a PITA, IMO.

The P4 RC is weak, granted. You can't be happy without some kind of range extension or boost. I'm a fan of windsurfers. They not only concentrate transmitted control signals toward the craft better, the reflector shields against interference from behind you. However, with the GL300C RC, the range with a windsurfer is not as good as the GL300A on my P3P. The stock GL300C that comes with P4 is just plain weak. If you use a GL300A, or a GL658A (Inspire RC, that's what I use) with a windsurfer for controlling the P4, you can easily get 2 miles, and most of the time I can get 3mi. I'm unsure why DJI detuned the GL300C. That's the primary reason I would never advise anyone to buy the P4A, because it uses the same GL300C controller. The P4P has a much better controller that includes 5.8Ghz, and that can take you out 5mi, if you are brave enough and don't waste the battery, staying under 33mph

I have to turn around at the 4 mile mark with my windsurfers or I don't get home.
Now that being said, I am looking at boosting a separate RC to use inside my house/truck during the winter months.

Reactions: DocDiggler
The upside of 5ghz is it gets you range you couldn't get in an area that is heavily congested with 2ghz signals. The down side is 5ghz doesnt go nearly as far as 2ghz. Using 5ghz for wifi internet gives superior speed as long as its within 100 feet since there is less signal overlap as there arent many 2ghz channels and they go further which means - interference.

My friend said on the beach where there is no interference he got 3 times the distance from 2ghz then he did with 5ghz.. in the city though it could be helpful to use 5gjz
sometimes..

QUOTE="John Locke, post: 1213541, member: 29099"]Boost amps do work, but there's too much downside for me. I've had them before and it's just too much stuff to lug around. Most setups won't fit in my Think Tank Helipak backpack, and it's very roomy inside. DBS2 alone will fit OK, but not with the extra amps and battery, it's just too much. And then there's the battery charging, yet another one to charge. When I'm on long trips it's hard enough to keep craft and RC batteries charged, and with boosters you have to lug around another charger, which is a PITA, IMO.

The P4 RC is weak, granted. You can't be happy without some kind of range extension or boost. I'm a fan of windsurfers. They not only concentrate transmitted control signals toward the craft better, the reflector shields against interference from behind you. However, with the GL300C RC, the range with a windsurfer is not as good as the GL300A on my P3P. The stock GL300C that comes with P4 is just plain weak. If you use a GL300A, or a GL658A (Inspire RC, that's what I use) with a windsurfer for controlling the P4, you can easily get 2 miles, and most of the time I can get 3mi. I'm unsure why DJI detuned the GL300C. That's the primary reason I would never advise anyone to buy the P4A, because it uses the same GL300C controller. The P4P has a much better controller that includes 5.8Ghz, and that can take you out 5mi, if you are brave enough and don't waste the battery, staying under 33mph[/QUOTE]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94