Which one should I buy?

Reaction score
My PV2 flew away last Saturday, now I am going to buy another quad copter. Which one should I buy? The PV2+ or a PV with Zaenmuse H3-3D GoPro Gimbal are my choices. I can and probably will add accessories with your advice. Your answers are greatly appreciated.

* I like to see what I am taking pictures of either still or video.

If you are happy with the specs and won't want any more for a year or so, then P2V+ does it all out of the box with minimum fuss. If you think you might want something with a bit of future expansion room then look closely at the P2... it's not as ready to go out of the box with the FPV side of things, but you are able to pick and choose your own video monitor and video transmitter and going forward if you decide to change aircraft you can carry all those forward to a new one. The Vision or Vision+ are designed to be an "end product" and there's nothing to carry forward for those guys.

If you don't already own a GoPro and you're happy that the P2V+ is going to give you what you want video and still quality-wise then I'd lean towards that... But it's got a to be a decision you're happy with! Pros and cons to both. Good luck.

My self I would get the pb+ it's ready to go out of the box. I thought the gopro didn't take good stills ? Have you looked at the vp+ videos and stills ? Pretty **** good in my book.

I was in the same dilemma but in the end settled for the go pro phantom which i ordered today, the video resolution is just so much better and with the new go pro 4 coming out soon (4k 30fps) things can only get masively better, this will leave the vision for dead.

Ok I'm new to this and was wondering if the phantom 2+ offers sound I want to order one but not all that sure what to get hope it's not to far off the subject

pep37412000 said:
Ok I'm new to this and was wondering if the phantom 2+ offers sound I want to order one but not all that sure what to get hope it's not to far off the subject

It does record sound, but really can't hear much over the motor/prop noise.

pep37412000 said:
Does the phantom 2 Vision record sound also or just the P2V+

If you want sound let me know. You can have the sound track off any of my videos royalty free. Whirling props and rushing wind for 15 min at a clip,m

Lol ok I was just wondering if they have sound like if I was flying low and recording would it record sound like if I was talking or whatever I know I would hear the sound of the props also

pep37412000 said:
Lol ok I was just wondering if they have sound like if I was flying low and recording would it record sound like if I was talking or whatever I know I would hear the sound of the props also
You really can't hear anything other than the props/wind. That being said, hearing those noises provides an indication of performance and possible impending equipment failure.

pep37412000 said:

think about the mic placement vs... everything else. I have a gimbal/gopro but it's the same thing your microphone is literally inches away from those spinning props and wind noise. anything you want the mic to pick up would have to be NEARER the mic or SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than the prop/wind noise.

like it might pick up a gunshot from a few feet away as a pop mixed in with the prop noise, but any kind of ambient speaking / nature sounds anything like that? no way.

i still believe it depends what you're going to be using it for. the P2V+ is a great tool for the enthusiast. a customized P2 with FPV and all the bells and whistles is more for the professional videographer. things like long range TX, FPV, iOSD... are all things professionals use to stay safe and get the right shot the first time....

unless you planning to make a living off the work you're doing get a P2V+ and save some money :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl