Which iPad for my soon-to-arrive P3P?

Reaction score
I would appreciate some guidance as to what to get. Does the CPU speed and storage capacity really make a difference or will an older unit from Craigslist do as well? Aren't these just basically monitors for the P3P or am I missing something? I'm looking either at a new Air 2 or an older Air, or maybe a mini as long as it has the Retina display. I'm thinking my iPhone 6 is too small for these old eyes. Thank you

If you're just using the iPad to fly, then a 16GB will be plenty. You can find a list of commonly used Apple devices here.

Last edited:
Reactions: FotoGeek
For FotoGeek, why would I want GPS on the iPad if the P3P already has it?

Also, (for msinger) the Apple site says mini's had Retina from the model 2 on? BTW, your lists have been a big help - hard on my credit card but a big help nonetheless.

For you both, thank you for your responses.

Also, (for msinger) the Apple site says mini's had Retina from the model 2 on
You're right.

If you want to use the follow me feature or be able to reset your home point to your current position (if you walk away from the home point), then you'll need GPS on your iPad so the DJI GO app is able to find your new location.

Reactions: FotoGeek
The Phantom has GPS but the RC doesn't.. so like @msinger said, you need it for Follow Me mode, to be able to set your home point on the fly, and also for maps (but there is a work-around for maps if you cache them in advance).

I have ran with both iPad and the mini. The iPad is just too big and the mini fits right into the controller with no upgrades to the holders. I also found that the mini is better in those high stress moments as you see your drone falling out of the sky! Hey does anyone know how to post to the main forum I can't find it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT