Which Firmware are you guys using?

I did not take note of the firmware ver, I have updated on every prompt. But as I recall, it did an Update on the Controller as well as the RC. Right now, I am not able to move around a lot, but later I will see if I can check the versions of everything.
However, I can say, it will not work without running Assistant 2 and updating, so not sure what to tell you.

Oh yeah, you're right. I was thinking Go4 app. I know they had several iterations come out after I froze mine in May last year. The HDMI port I installed doesn't work, so I'm curious why. I wouldn't think that would be affected by Go4, but it might be. I'm wondering if anyone else who installed the HDMI port on a GL300F controller got it to work OK.

Finally got it all taken care of. Got the latest stable version of the FW on the AC, the RC and the app, and she flies solid as a rock. I flew her in 30mph winds 2 days ago.

App: v4.0.8

Aircraft: 1.3.509-----------------------------------------Original: v01.01.0203

Remote: v01.04.01.00------------------------------Original: v01.03.00.00

Precise Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04----------------Original: v01.00.01.07

Basic Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04-------------------Original: v01.00.01.05

I hacked the NFZ restrictions and altitude restrictions. I also reset Wind Warnings to be a little more tolerant so they don't pop up all the dang time. My P4P is now ready for service.

D

I hacked the NFZ restrictions and altitude restrictions. I also reset Wind Warnings to be a little more tolerant so they don't pop up all the dang time.
Welcome to the freedom club, you're going to have a blast with 509. Just make sure you keep it within 400' AGL. When climbing mountains it can be tough, especially when flying over valleys from mountain to mountain, like in this video below. These mountains were at 1800' above the valley below. I wasted a lot of battery from one mountain to another, going down to 400' AGL in the valley then back up to 1800' when making the trek to the other mountain.

Reactions: Timinator
Welcome to the freedom club, you're going to have a blast with 509. Just make sure you keep it within 400' AGL. When climbing mountains it can be tough, especially when flying over valleys from mountain to mountain, like in this video below. These mountains were at 1800' above the valley below. I wasted a lot of battery from one mountain to another, going down to 400' AGL in the valley then back up to 1800' when making the trek to the other mountain.

Very kewl! Nice sound track...<:^)

Does anyone know if the P4P suffered from the dropped frame problem when a new file was started after the 4gig limit was reached?

Finally got it all taken care of. Got the latest stable version of the FW on the AC, the RC and the app, and she flies solid as a rock. I flew her in 30mph winds 2 days ago.

App: v4.0.8

Aircraft: 1.3.509-----------------------------------------Original: v01.01.0203

Remote: v01.04.01.00------------------------------Original: v01.03.00.00

Precise Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04----------------Original: v01.00.01.07

Basic Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04-------------------Original: v01.00.01.05

I hacked the NFZ restrictions and altitude restrictions. I also reset Wind Warnings to be a little more tolerant so they don't pop up all the dang time. My P4P is now ready for service.

D
Harleydude.

I have a similar configuration to you.

Aircraft Firmware : V 01.03.0509
Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.0.8
DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.0.8
Apple ipad mini 4 ios 11.2.6

I have adjusted parameters for wind and Alt.
Can you tell me the values and settings you adjusted for NFZ?
I assume the Fly Safe databases are based on the firmware. Though yours are lower than original. Are they configurable?
tks.

Harleydude.

I have a similar configuration to you.

Aircraft Firmware : V 01.03.0509
Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.0.8
DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.0.8
Apple ipad mini 4 ios 11.2.6

I have adjusted parameters for wind and Alt.
Can you tell me the values and settings you adjusted for NFZ?
I assume the Fly Safe databases are based on the firmware. Though yours are lower than original. Are they configurable?
tks.

If the NFZ's are off, the databases don't actually matter.

I don't think we're allowed to publish hacks in this forum.

Admins???

D

If the NFZ's are off, the databases don't actually matter.

I don't think we're allowed to publish hacks in this forum.

Admins???

D
Thanks, I tried those. It gives me a "you are in a no fly zone" warning. If I remove them it is ok. Not sure why.

IMG_0044.jpg

Hey there bud by chance how did u hack your p4 to fly in red zones and do drone hacks work???
To answer your second question, yes, the hacks work. The only limitation I discovered was that my P4P will not fly Intelligent Flight Modes if I'm < 1 mile from an airport (managed air space). I got around this by flying manually. Despite many hours of trying, I could NOT get around that one limitation. That said...

You can modify the drone's firmware parameters via a hacked (modded) version of DJI Assistant 2. It's been years since I did the mods (still own and fly the drone for occasional jobs), so I don't remember the exact process. But I've given you enough information to start an Internet search. Do your homework and see how far that gets you. As I recall, modding Assistant 2 was fairly straight forward.

Note; I'm running a legacy firmware version 1.3.509. I highly recommend you run that same version. Later versions may not be hackable. So if you run into a brick wall with the hack, roll back your firmware.

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
To answer your second question, yes, the hacks work. The only limitation I discovered was that my P4P will not fly Intelligent Flight Modes if I'm < 1 mile from an airport (managed air space). I got around this by flying manually. Despite many hours of trying, I could NOT get around that one limitation. That said...

You can modify the drone's firmware parameters via a hacked (modded) version of DJI Assistant 2. It's been years since I did the mods (still own and fly the drone for occasional jobs), so I don't remember the exact process. But I've given you enough information to start an Internet search. Do your homework and see how far that gets you. As I recall, modding Assistant 2 was fairly straight forward.

Note; I'm running a legacy firmware version, v3.1.1 if memory serves. I highly recommend you run that same version. Later versions may not be hackable. So if you run into a brick wall with the hack, roll back your firmware.

Good luck.

D
I followed this for the P4P

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94