which cameras work with h3-3d?

Reaction score
I'm told the Hero3 is what that gimbal was designed for, but I cannot STAND that fisheye effect. Can it be turned off completely in the camera? If not, what other cameras will fit the gimbal? Sure would like to have 4k but 1080p is acceptable.
Thanks.

I'm told the Hero3 is what that gimbal was designed for, but I cannot STAND that fisheye effect. Can it be turned off completely in the camera? If not, what other cameras will fit the gimbal? Sure would like to have 4k but 1080p is acceptable.
Thanks.

All the action cameras have fisheye. You can either replace the lens on the GoPro cameras or remove it in post editing. By far the GoPro cameras do a far better job then any of the copycat cameras on the market today. If you don't own one checkout the GP used market on ebay.

Thanks, Jason. I did just that. Wound up getting a clone when I thought I was getting some bits that help mount the gopro in different ways. I call it my "nickel GoPro." (Actual cost $25.) It is REALLY cheaply made. At home, it seems to work ok but actual use is TBD. Even the used GoPro's are still hundreds of dollars on Ebay. The clone will do fine while I"m learning to use the F550 because when I crash, I've only lost $25 on the camera and not $400.

Will the GoPro 5 black work in the ZenMuse H3-3D?

Thanks, Jason. I did just that. Wound up getting a clone when I thought I was getting some bits that help mount the gopro in different ways. I call it my "nickel GoPro." (Actual cost $25.) It is REALLY cheaply made. At home, it seems to work ok but actual use is TBD. Even the used GoPro's are still hundreds of dollars on Ebay. The clone will do fine while I"m learning to use the F550 because when I crash, I've only lost $25 on the camera and not $400.

Will the GoPro 5 black work in the ZenMuse H3-3D?

No hero 5 will not work on any zenmuse gimbal.

Knockoff cameras can not be compared to the features of the GoPro cameras. Not knowing where you live i see hero 4 black cameras selling for as low as 222.99 w/free shipping. GOPRO GO PRO Hero 4 - BLACK Edition - Camera + Battery Read Please #kfc786 | eBay

Or manufacturer refurbished for 279.95
SEALED GoPro HERO4 Black Edition Camera Action Camcorder 1 Year Factory Warranty | eBay

There are ads for hero 4 black and hero3+ black cameras. I own four GoPro cameras an the ones i use on my P2 hero 3+ silver, 3+ black and hero 4 black. The latter two have been modified with replacement non-distorted (no fisheye) lens those were also bought on ebay for far less then retail.

I bought a second-hand Hero3+ Black and had a lot of trouble with it. Even after buying the recommended micro SD card and completely resetting / updating the device it would still turn it's self off and then freeze. I do think I was unlucky and got a bad one but I sent it back for a refund and then ordered a Xiaomi Yi which so far hasn't given me any problems at all. Without a doubt the video quality of the Gopro is better but for a £50 saving and a new product instead of second-hand one, I feel I've got about 85-90% of the image quality, which can be improved further in post. (the Yi even takes higher resolution stills than the Hero3+ Black)

Anyway, getting to the question... The Hero3+ Black fitted perfectly in my H3-3D whereas I've had to do a cheeky custom jobbie on the Xiaomi Yi which involved strapping on a few coins to get the gimbal nicely balanced again, and a cable-tie to keep it on. Hopefully I'm not killing my gimbal in doing so because it's obviously not ideal, but I've heard it's the balance which is more important than the additional weight.

I bought a second-hand Hero3+ Black and had a lot of trouble with it. Even after buying the recommended micro SD card and completely resetting / updating the device it would still turn it's self off and then freeze. I do think I was unlucky and got a bad one but I sent it back for a refund and then ordered a Xiaomi Yi which so far hasn't given me any problems at all. Without a doubt the video quality of the Gopro is better but for a £50 saving and a new product instead of second-hand one, I feel I've got about 85-90% of the image quality, which can be improved further in post. (the Yi even takes higher resolution stills than the Hero3+ Black)

Anyway, getting to the question... The Hero3+ Black fitted perfectly in my H3-3D whereas I've had to do a cheeky custom jobbie on the Xiaomi Yi which involved strapping on a few coins to get the gimbal nicely balanced again, and a cable-tie to keep it on. Hopefully I'm not killing my gimbal in doing so because it's obviously not ideal, but I've heard it's the balance which is more important than the additional weight.

Truthfully zenmuse gimbal were never designed for aftermarket cameras. From your description of what the GoPro was doing it sounds more like the problems that Hero 3 black had and not the Hero 3 + black. There was a big difference between the two cameras. If in deed it was a Hero 3+ black you had an upgraded it to the latest firmware you had a whole new sit of problems as it would no longer output video from the USB port on the camera.

Truthfully zenmuse gimbal were never designed for aftermarket cameras. From your description of what the GoPro was doing it sounds more like the problems that Hero 3 black had and not the Hero 3 + black. There was a big difference between the two cameras. If in deed it was a Hero 3+ black you had an upgraded it to the latest firmware you had a whole new sit of problems as it would no longer output video from the USB port on the camera.

That's interesting, I must admit I have had very little experience with Gopros before this one so I've no idea what the specific differences are. The one I had certainly had the + on the shell but I bought it from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and it came as just the device; no battery, back lid or accessories. When I sent it back the seller was happy to refund me as they confirmed that it was a malfunctioning device and not just my failing to get it working. I'm pretty happy with the Xiaomi Yi for now, took another video yesterday (we had a glorious evening here) and I was very pleased with the result. I have noticed that my footage is at a slight tilt so I'll need to re-tweak the balance. Hopefully my Zenmuse isn't being put through hell but I'll keep track of how much flight time I give it with the Yi.

That's interesting, I must admit I have had very little experience with Gopros before this one so I've no idea what the specific differences are. The one I had certainly had the + on the shell but I bought it from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and it came as just the device; no battery, back lid or accessories. When I sent it back the seller was happy to refund me as they confirmed that it was a malfunctioning device and not just my failing to get it working. I'm pretty happy with the Xiaomi Yi for now, took another video yesterday (we had a glorious evening here) and I was very pleased with the result. I have noticed that my footage is at a slight tilt so I'll need to re-tweak the balance. Hopefully my Zenmuse isn't being put through hell but I'll keep track of how much flight time I give it with the Yi.

If the P2 you have was a used as well you may have to live with that tilt. It's likely the vertical arm or attached mounting bracket on the gimbal are bent from either a hard landing or crash. Of course you can straighten the video in post depending on the software you are using.

If the P2 you have was a used as well you may have to live with that tilt. It's likely the vertical arm or attached mounting bracket on the gimbal are bent from either a hard landing or crash. Of course you can straighten the video in post depending on the software you are using.

Yea any of those could be possible and, as you suggest, I think I will probably just fix it in post. It's only to a small degree so shouldn't have to crop much more than I would when I reduce the lens distortion.

So a 4 black will work?

If you are referring to the hero 4 black then yes it will work but you may need to counterweights to offset the extra weight of the camera.

Jason,
I have noticed the many GoPro cameras you have in your inventory. In your opinion, what would be the best GoPro camera?
I will use it on a new drone build F550, and also for traveling trips without drone. And what Gimbal do you recommend?

thanks,
John

Jason,
I have noticed the many GoPro cameras you have in your inventory. In your opinion, what would be the best GoPro camera?
I will use it on a new drone build F550, and also for traveling trips without drone. And what Gimbal do you recommend?

thanks,
John

This thread was answered in a PM John sent a few minutes later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan