Which antenna mod??

Reaction score
Hi everybody after a long month of absence from the bird I've returned and I'm about to test the Magic Power on my P3S today.

I'm thinking of one of the possible mods for the antennas, aimed at improve the range but I'm a bit confused on what is the best money for value one considering other matters such as easiness of installation and possibly aesthetic.

If I'm not mistaken the most popular options are: Argeteck, Alfa (though this one will need argeteck ), It elite, FPVP.....I'd not go for drillings.....
BTW I'm not looking for 5000 mts range but 2-3000 in open and wifi free areas would be perfect.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you Matts. I've done a test with the Magic Power and reached over 1km in the spot where I struggled to reach .5 km before...that's great znd I'm sure I can get much further in open
uncongested area...
See this...

I have a brand new ARGTEK range extender, a unopened. The model that comes with the 10dbi antenna. You can have it for $50.

Hi Garrion. Thank you. I'm still considering the need of a MOD and not sure that ARGTEK is the best option. Why you have not installed it ? please give more details on when have you purchased it and shipment costs....

Actually I have TWO ARGTEK antennas, the first one, I screwed up the installation, so I got another one, but decided to go with the parabolic antenna instead. I don't get the range that I was expecting from the ARGTEK of course, but the installation is simpler. I want an extra remote to install it on, consequently I'm a saving for the Mavic Pro. I'll pay shipping, just thought I'd help someone out. This hobby is Great, addictive and expensive. Keep flying, have fun, whatever you're decision, it's all good /fun.

5fa91eec474d9f78f7fb984132da2da7.jpg
the other one is still in the box.

I went with the DBS Itelite and wow, it really improved my distance! Pretty easy install too.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
Reactions: 805hd
I'm using Magic Power and one of those cheap windsurfer antenna boosters that I purchased on ebay.

Over 1 kilometer and that is as far as I ever need or want to go.

EDIT:

To add to that, I am also using a pair of FrSky 2.4Ghz U.FL whisker antennas on the drone (Bird Side) as my original patch antenna cables connectors are stuffed. (The Grey & Black wires U.FL connectors).

The FrSky whiskers seem to do way better than the internal patch antennas anyway.

They just hang outside the P3S in the breeze. I had them in straw tubes, but find they work great just dangling.

They are pretty fine, thin antennas so you really don't notice them.

Last edited:
I'm using Magic Power and one of those cheap windsurfer antenna boosters that I purchased on ebay.

Over 1 kilometer and that is as far as I ever need or want to go.

EDIT:

To add to that, I am also using a pair of FrSky 2.4Ghz U.FL whisker antennas on the drone (Bird Side) as my original patch antenna cables connectors are stuffed. (The Grey & Black wires U.FL connectors).

The FrSky whiskers seem to do way better than the internal patch antennas anyway.

They just hang outside the P3S in the breeze. I had them in straw tubes, but find they work great just dangling.

They are pretty fine, thin antennas so you really don't notice them.
Hi Paul do.yiu have a picture of the antennas ? Can you share it ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl