Where's this wire go? LOL - Thought I knew

Reaction score
Got all the goodies in today - IRC 600mw 5.8, IOSD Mini, plug-n-play cable, 7 ch Black Pearl...

There was absolutely zero instructions with the plug-n-play cable - I've got this far and it all makes sense - except for this one cable/plug. Please take a look and let me know what I'm missing here. Yeah, I know it's something obvious as heck, I just don't see what it is. (it appears to be power to the VTX.

iosd1.jpg

iosd2.jpg

I'm also installing the H3-3D now as well - if it were already installed and working, this might make more sense to me, I don't know.

There should be a 4-strand cable coming out of the Phantom's leg, with brown/red/brown/yellow wires and no connector on the end. Follow that cable inside to where it plugs in to the Phantom's mainboard...unplug it and replace with the plug in your pic.

That port on the mainboard feeds power for a video transmitter, and the video feed that goes to the iOSD and on to the transmitter.

It goes on the controller board inside the P2. Will check and edit when I get home to get you more info. Be careful with the transmitter, do not power up without an antennae install. It will blow it up.

Thanks - I woke up and realized what was what... All hooked up and bench test works. Just put it all back together and going to re-read how to set/adjust the gimbal.

Also - when I plugged the iosd in to the computer - what was I supposed to do? Isn't that just to shift the OSD around if it's not fitting on your monitor? Mine lined up great, so I didn't do anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl