Mounting FPV Equipment

So I ordered antenna upgrades (5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW - FPV 5.8 - ImmersionRC) and they arrived with both male connections. I need on male, one female. Should I have ordered somthing different. I'm going to keep these as spares but still need one with a female connector.

This one is for the spiroNet antenna and clover leaf for the monitor
SMA Female To RP-SMA Male connect SMA to RP-SMA RF Connector Adapter USA

Here's the one for the immersion TX.
SMA Female to RP-SMA Male RIGHT Angle RF Connector Adapter; US Stock; Fast Ship

Look at both of them before you order to make sure these are the correct ones.

This one is for the spiroNet antenna and clover leaf for the monitor
SMA Female To RP-SMA Male connect SMA to RP-SMA RF Connector Adapter USA

Here's the one for the immersion TX.
SMA Female to RP-SMA Male RIGHT Angle RF Connector Adapter; US Stock; Fast Ship

Look at both of them before you order to make sure these are the correct ones.

So I do have to use adaptors? I had hoped I could do without and get the correct types of connects on the antenna's themselves. I just feel connectors of any kind lesson the effectivness of whatever it is they are hooked to. HDMI, USD, Headphone jax, garden hoses, etc....

So I do have to use adaptors? I had hoped I could do without and get the correct types of connects on the antenna's themselves. I just feel connectors of any kind lesson the effectivness of whatever it is they are hooked to. HDMI, USD, Headphone jax, garden hoses, etc....

As long as you get the right kind of antennas you shouldn't have to use adapters, unless a particular antenna can't be mounted in a direction you want. Just make sure of connection: SMA, RP-SMA, male, female, etc...

This antenna actually came with a right-angle adapter, didn't have to use it if I didn't want to, but I wanted it to point down...

Phantom Antenna.jpg

As long as you get the right kind of antennas you shouldn't have to use adapters, unless a particular antenna can't be mounted in a direction you want. Just make sure of connection: SMA, RP-SMA, male, female, etc...

This antenna actually came with a right-angle adapter, didn't have to use it if I didn't want to, but I wanted it to point down...

View attachment 44096

Interesting landing gear extensions. Have a link for them by chance?

You have the antennas with male outputs so use the adapters as there is no RF loss in using them. These photos are of mine and they work perfectly. The adapter on my TX is a male to female adapter.

That's the only way the patch antenna comes so you need the adapter.
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

Reactions: dhornick
Interesting landing gear extensions. Have a link for them by chance?

I printed them with a 3D printer. But the first time I had them on, when my Phantom took off, it fell backwards. Not sure if the landing gear had anything to do with it, but I took them off. That was in November. I flew without them last week, and all seemed to be ok. Not sure why landing gear would cause that, but oh well...

Reactions: dhornick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31