Where to repair major damage

Reaction score
Thought to send it to DJI but I thought it looked like maybe they only did if you are in their Care program.

The P4P hit a cable 50ft in the air and came down on it's legs. Broke both legs, bent the shell including one motor mount, broke the gimbal arm and the camera housing. Powers up ok but there's not a straight part on it.

I could do the work but I recall hearing that the new gimbal were not user repairable.

So what to do guys? DJI, repair site, or myself. TIA

Can't say for sure about the P4P but with the P3A I considered DroneNerds but they would replace the entire gimbal while DJI claimed to do component level repairs on gimbals. Indeed they quoted and charged me for the repair of the gimbal and replace both halves of shell and legs all for less than the cost of a gimbal replacement.
In reality it was obvious they replaced the gimbal with a refurb as there were no scratches anywhere when I had scratches and gouges, and it had all the packing stickers.
So it is a tossup whether to send it to DJI or another reputable repair station.

LConn,you best do some checking around to see if anybody has gimbal parts.My friend took his to a shop and they replaced the shell but couldn't fix the camera/gimbal.They said dji wasn't releasing those parts yet to anybody so he had to send it to dji for the camera/gimbal repair.

Thx guys, will check out the independents but I agree, there is a good chance the gimbal is a DJI only.

I sent my p4p back to dji when it fell out of the sky. Broke two landing legs and some other damage. It took them a month to repair. A week before they looked at it another for payment another to repair and 2 weeks before they shipped it back. There is no communication other than web portal. If you get them on phone, their English is not that good.

Good luck

Reactions: Yooper
I received a quote this week from DJI repair facility. It was far less money than I was expecting, given the extensive damage to my P4P. They charged me only for those gimbal parts needed, not for an entire gimbal plus camera. I would not hesitate to send it to DJI, although I have yet to receive my back and fly it. Good luck.

Kelly

Parts are available thru eBay, Cloud City Drones, DJI
Cloud City prices are reasonable and they do repairs in house
Yaw arm, roll arm can be found on eBay based in USA.

Time is an issue for self repair, searching for parts.
Waiting for delivery, sometimes receiving parts not as described.

My flying buddy and I have 1 P4P flying and just received a cable from Cloud City to continue work on a 2nd.

Lots of time spent searching eBay, Ali express.
Some of the parts are from RC recycling like P4P battery cage.

One of the birds had been flown into a pole, the other into a wall.

Good luck with the repair.

Thought to send it to DJI but I thought it looked like maybe they only did if you are in their Care program.

The P4P hit a cable 50ft in the air and came down on it's legs. Broke both legs, bent the shell including one motor mount, broke the gimbal arm and the camera housing. Powers up ok but there's not a straight part on it.

I could do the work but I recall hearing that the new gimbal were not user repairable.

So what to do guys? DJI, repair site, or myself. TIA
Take note of the serial number of your drone if you send it to DJI for repair, they're renowned for sending back a refurbished drone in place of the original... I wouldn't trust DJI as far as I could throw my Phantom! LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor