When and how to charge the batteries?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Im a noob so sorry for the stupid question.
But i have done a few shorter flights since its cold winter here in sweden. About -10 C.
Im often at 50-70% when i land. And since its been so cold, and im new to it.. i dont dare flying longer right now. Just testing around a little.

But do i damage the batteries when i fly a few % then charge them again like i do?
Almost dont dare to start the drone with anything less than 100% after all the crash reports here haha

It depends on what you're planning to do next. If I'm flying around my house I'll do a few short flights and only recharge when I get to under 30% if its warm or under 40% if its cold. If I'm planning a longer flight I'll make sure the batteries are at 100% before taking off. DJI also recommends you discharge your battery every 10 flights.

It depends on what you're planning to do next. If I'm flying around my house I'll do a few short flights and only recharge when I get to under 30% if its warm or under 40% if its cold. If I'm planning a longer flight I'll make sure the batteries are at 100% before taking off. DJI also recommends you discharge your battery every 10 flights.

The manual states after 20 cycles page 22.

My understanding is, these Li-Pos are a little different than the older-technology Li-Ions in that they don't have a memory in a way that would damage them if you recharge them with an intermediate or high partial charge. So the answer is no, you won't hurt the batteries by fully charging them after you've only lightly used them. And that's a good thing since DJI recommends to launch only with a fully charged battery.

Yup! Apologies for the typo earlier. 20 cycles...not 10.

You as well as I made an assumption as to which Phantom he has. The manual for the P2 line of quads states 20 cycles who knows it may state in the P3 manual 10 cycles. But then we aren't as screwed up as the Chinese technical writers.

Reactions: TTSupra628
You as well as I made an assumption as to which Phantom he has. The manual for the P2 line of quads states 20 cycles who knows it may state in the P3 manual 10 cycles. But then we aren't as screwed up as the Chinese technical writers.

HA! Well said. Moral of the story is to read the manual carefully and take care of your batteries. In return, they'll take care of you ;)

HA! Well said. Moral of the story is to read the manual carefully and take care of your batteries. In return, they'll take care of you ;)

MAYBE!! Battery technology is not prefect.

And remember, first ? 10 (it's in the fine manual) flights should be limited by keeping the battery to no less than 50% or so.

Besides, in the cold weather, I can only handle about 10 minutes before my fingers start freezing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl