Whats your Range on your P3P ?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went out flying today I was getting aprox 2100' out before I was getting some weak signal on the camera, the controller signal was full strength.. Is this a normal range ? What are you guys getting.. Thanks!

I had my p3a out 5900ft friday. I lost video and dropped 2 bars on rx. I decided to turn around. About 206ft high and lots of trees.

Reactions: Fplvert
My longest has been about 1.4 miles, but could have went further with plenty of signal strength. We were chasing hot air balloons that day but the wind was away from us!
image.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Yes, direct LOS since I was at an elevated point (reservoir).
This was a pic of the hot air balloons as they were moving away. Video feed was perfect that day; however, my picture taking was not!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 1,108
Yes, direct LOS since I was at an elevated point (reservoir).
Got u ! Thanks I got 2100 feet today not line of sight vid feed was descent plus I had full 5 bars on the controller could of went much further and brought it back on map view but I oh had 30% battery left ! Thanks for getting back to me

Last weekend I did 2km at 400ft. Never had a drop in signal. The only reason I stopped was because the flight out was all against a pretty strong wind. Battery limitations are a PITA!

This was my farthest so far. Im sure I can go farther, but haven't really pushed it.
This was 1.3 miles to and from... I had total control. Just a little apprehensive to let it completely lose control and for rth to initiate(or me to hit the button)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got u ! Thanks I got 2100 feet today not line of sight vid feed was descent plus I had full 5 bars on the controller could of went much further and brought it back on map view but I oh had 30% battery left ! Thanks for getting back to me
Sure thing! I've done over 6000 ft over water and had full signal strength for both vid and control.

This was my farthest so far. Im sure I can go farther, but haven't really pushed it.
This was 1.3 miles to and from... I had total control. Just a little apprehensive to let it completely lose control and for rth to initiate(or me to hit the button)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If you would have pushed that flight to a point that you lost video, you would still have RC signal. Most people seep to think that a long term loss of video means they have lost control. That is VERY rarely the case! Typically, rotating the bird slowly, or climbing a bit, will regain a video link and you can fly on.

If u guys are going so far why did I start loosing video signal at 2100 feet over water ?
Poor antenna alignment, You looking the wrong direction. Something else blowing out your signal. Something ON the P3 that might be interfering. The list can go on and on.

If you would have pushed that flight to a point that you lost video, you would still have RC signal. Most people seep to think that a long term loss of video means they have lost control. That is VERY rarely the case! Typically, rotating the bird slowly, or climbing a bit, will regain a video link and you can fly on.
U are correct , once I turned the bird a bit I re gained video I should of climbed up a bit but battery was at 30% , I did in fact have full signal on the controller the whole time! I was in a area that had a lot of houses near md and a fence in front of me but the bird was over water !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan