What's up with the green interference?

I get the green stripes with my iPad 2017 too. Although in my case it is related to distance (weak LightBridge signal).

Another thing I did that seems to help is I cut a sheet of copper (crafts store) the size of my tablet and insert it into the light shroud behind the tablet. I need the wifi from the tablet to connect to my cell phone hot spot for GPS location and online sync with Litchi. The copper creates a bit of separation between the tablet to cell phone wifi and the controller antennas to drone. I also use the parabolic boosters on the antennas. Not sure if they are the same frequency but it doesn't hurt.

Since I didn't take my laptop with me on vacation, how can I import photos and video from my SD card to my iPad?

John Locke Thanks for the tip. Will be calling local camera/computer stores on Maui to see if they have one in stock. May need help on storing that footage on the cloud so it won't take up excessive space on my iPad

John Locke Thanks for the tip. Will be calling local camera/computer stores on Maui to see if they have one in stock. May need help on storing that footage on the cloud so it won't take up excessive space on my iPad
Oh, Maui. You may have a problem finding that device in a store there, as there are no Apple stores. You might try the Radio Shack in Lahaina, it shows they sell apple products. They might have one. Give them a call and ask.

Radio Shack, 808 Wainee St Ste 102, Lahaina (808) 667-6912

I thought I'd have the time of my life flying my P4 in South Maui around 10am when I started getting this green interference showing up intermittently on my screen. (See Photo)
The only cause that I could possibly think of was the power lines 50-70 feet from where I was standing.
Does anyone else have an idea of what might be going on?

27030d495b56e15cf19fb19b1277a264.jpg

7e4e60bb076fe68000831621ba92aa77.jpg
I have this problem also when I use my iPad but when I use my phone it never happens!

Try going into image transmission settings and have a look at where inteference, if any, is sitting and go into custom and select a channel that is clear either side and select it. Maybe drop your bit rate to 4 Mbps and film in a lower resolution. Worked for me.
I hate standing on my head to appease the shortcomings of the device and app makers. I have green screen issues as well. I normally shoot in 4k. Is there any clear evidence that 4k is the culprit?? Or high Mbps rate?? Isn't faster always better? Why would anyone select a slower transfer rate? Is it to preserve batteries/flight time? Just curious...

Last edited:
Shooting 4K has nothing to do with live video feed which is anyway in lower resolution.

First there should be not issue with your device. Typically those having iPad mini4 have less or none issues vs some android device with Nougat. Just an example of course.

Second, and once above works, you'll have to deal with possible noisy radio-electric surroundings. P4 use wi-fi frequencies and we know wi-fi devices are all over. But also visible or not visible power lines or antennas etc. Then in GO 4 App you can try reducing bandwith live video feed as less workload for app and less data transmitted therefore less correction to deal with transmissions errors caused by surroundings. Also upper channel instead automatic for less noisy channel, etc. But you know already probably.

If nothing works some are looking for alternate solutions such as Litchi as well.

This one can help also as focusing waves, but then you'll have to pay attention for pointing the RC towards craft as less omnidirectional.

f2b8fcfcd14442c46e1de65cad933716.jpg

Last edited:
Your post implies that you have green screen on the actual 4k footage from the memory card which is very difficult to believe. The green screen on your tablet is likely your tablet CPU and GPU and / or wifi signal. Wifi is not a big problem when you fly within regulations, line of sight, and keep away from power lines and radio and cell towers.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I hate standing on my head to appease the shortcomings of the device and app makers. I have green screen issues as well. I normally shoot in 4k. Is there any clear evidence that 4k is the culprit?? Or high Mbps rate?? Isn't faster always better? Why would anyone select a slower transfer rate? Is it to preserve batteries/flight time? Just curious...
As Remi has mentioned, you can still shoot all day in 4K and have good results on you microSD card. You are adjusting the settings on the app to have a better viewing image on your device. I have an apple device that I have set on custom 20 channel with a 4 Mbps transmission rate and shoot in either 4/2.7k and have no issues. Wifi inteference is prevalent in a lot of places and my simple explanation is to make these settings to make it 'easier' for the video/telemetry signal to deal with the noise traffic. Apple users have a lot less grief than some of the android users on this forum.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor