What's up with the green interference?

Reaction score
I thought I'd have the time of my life flying my P4 in South Maui around 10am when I started getting this green interference showing up intermittently on my screen. (See Photo)
The only cause that I could possibly think of was the power lines 50-70 feet from where I was standing.
Does anyone else have an idea of what might be going on?

27030d495b56e15cf19fb19b1277a264.jpg

7e4e60bb076fe68000831621ba92aa77.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd have the time of my life flying my P4 in South Maui around 10am when I started getting this green interference showing up intermittently on my screen. (See Photo)
The only cause that I could possibly think of was the power lines 50-70 feet from where I was standing.
Does anyone else have an idea of what might be going on?

27030d495b56e15cf19fb19b1277a264.jpg

7e4e60bb076fe68000831621ba92aa77.jpg
Had similar could also be USB cord or SD card,,cord fixed my fault:)

It means the RX (reception of video from the drone to your controller and pad) is corrupted by interference in the area. I had a lot of it till I uploaded the 32 hack and found a clean channel. Even with the 32 hack there are dirty channels that give you the green screen.

Try going into image transmission settings and have a look at where inteference, if any, is sitting and go into custom and select a channel that is clear either side and select it. Maybe drop your bit rate to 4 Mbps and film in a lower resolution. Worked for me.

Nothing to worry about, it is just a temporary glitch in the video feed. I don't think it is the power lines. I get these video breakups all the time, regardless of cables, channels, location or whatever. I figure it's just part of the hobby. Sometimes the dropouts can last as much as 4-5 seconds, now that can be a bit nerve-wrecking. The control signal however should be OK, and the recorded video is unaffected.

The recorded video was definitely affected. I have a ton of useless footage now.

Sorry for trying to rule out the obvious, but do you mean that the footage on the SD card contains those green fields? Mind you, I am not talking about the temporary low-resolution recording on the remote (the iPad/tablet), but the true HD footage on the Phantom itself.

It is quite unlikely that interference where you are standing would cause a recording error on the Phantom flying thousands of feet away. Also the Phantom can record perfectly even if you completely switch off the remote and tablet. It will eventually fly home on its own (RTH), but will continue recording the video while doing so (if it was in record mode as the connection was lost).

Last edited:
Correct video on the SD card should not be affected by this since that is video the camera see's and not directly what we see which could be affected by interference...

Correct video on the SD card should not be affected by this since that is video the camera see's and not directly what we see which could be affected by interference...
I had same issue why was mine recorded to SD card green lines and all ,,replaced my USB and got a 64gb 90mps and fixed ..no glitchin and nice recording now....and no more green lines...my vids were so bad I was shatted ...

Lexar 633x (95 Mbps) is mainly the only SD card I use...

Lexar 633x (95 Mbps) is mainly the only SD card I use...
OK cheers I might get one for me kit,,,,,SD cards very pricey here,,,I have a look on ebay...my SanDisk card was $100 .... $20 cards are s###.....:)

I switched from a SanDisk Extreme 64GB to a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32GB because I was advised that the greater the number of GB's, the greater the risk of corrupting files. I think I will switch back to the 64GB since I've had no previous problems with it back home on the mainland.

I think such statement can be misleading as someone reading last post might think that 32 Go are not good to go but 64. On my views problem is the card itself rather than capacity and 32 Go capacity is fine.

Use parabolic wings and the green goes away. The green is caused by interference. Typical from power lines or wifi.

Use parabolic wings and the green goes away. The green is caused by interference. Typical from power lines or wifi.
He says that the green fields are recorded by the drone itself. Modifications of the transmitter will not affect this.

It's not from the drone it self. I have had this multiple time with my P3 & P4 and parabolic fixes this issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl