What's up with the green interference?

Wonder if the video mention by OP was actually the live video feed log recording
instead the one from sdcard. If so it will contain the artifacts.

It's not from the drone it self. I have had this multiple time with my P3 & P4 and parabolic fixes this issue.

Sorry to disagree, but if the anomaly is recorded on the SD-card inside the drone while in flight, it is only the drone and not the transmitter. The transmitter does not send any kind of signal back to the drone that might cause that kind of image distortion. You could in fact start recording and then put the transmitter inside a microwave oven or on top of a Tesla coil if you want to. The drone will continue recording during its (autonomous) flight back home and the footage will not be affected.

Last edited:
Also by looking at OP screenshot with the green block it seems was played within GO app so not directly from sdcard. So was maybe from device: cache during video shooting? (personally I have disabled this feature to reduce CPU usage, not much but since I don't need it..)

Last edited:
That's what I thought too, but the OP wrote (in post #6) that the actual SD-card footage was affected.

Last edited:
If OP still read this thread, would be appreciated if he can confirm concern is actual footage from sdcard by taking out of craft and reading with player or editing software.

Again knowing camera goes direct to sdcard, raffly speaking.

He didn't say SD, he said "recorded video". The iPad records video as well as the SD. The OP may be confused.

That would make sense. The green fields are usually typical video download artefacts. Errors while writing to the card would be more of a "tearing".

He didn't say SD, he said "recorded video". The iPad records video as well as the SD. The OP may be confused.
I just found my iPad also record the green field. Going to pull the SD card tomorrow and check the footage there.

So you are telling me if I get the footage directly from the card through a card reader that I shouldn't see the green interference?

Yes because there can't be any interference btw the camera and sdcard as local processing.

So you are telling me if I get the footage directly from the card through a card reader that I shouldn't see the green interference?
Yes you should not see any inteference. Your device will normally always not be able to record in the same resolution as the camera on the quad. If you find the footage on the micro SD to be corrupted, you may have a problem with the speed and quality of the card.

By device we mean tablet of phone. Most of us taking footage out of sdcard for getting genuine full res source

Here is the deal:

When you fly with the Phantom, two video recordings are done:

1) One high definition (1024, 2K or 4K) recording, directly in the drone. This footage is autonomously recorded on the SD card onboard the Phantom and is unaffected by what happens to the transmitter (except for when you change the video settings such as ISO, white balance and so). If the transmitter gets jammed or turned off, or if the drone becomes disconnected, the recording will continue until either the battery runs out, or the memory card gets full.

2) A low resolution (720p) recording on your tablet of the transmitted video feed. This is a recording of what you see on your tablet while you are flying. It can also contain audio from your tablet. If the drone gets disconnected, the recording will stop (there is no video signal to record). Also, if you encounter a temporary degradation of the video signal (e.g. interference or weak signal), the corrupt video feed gets recorded on the tablet.

Most of us will use only the onboard recording as it has a much higher image quality than the video recording on the tablet. So what is the purpose of the recording of the transmitted signal? Well, for instance, if you lose the drone (e.g. if you run out of battery and it autolands in a distant location), the recording on the tablet can help you locate the drone.

What you see is probably the corrupt video feed on the tablet. If you extract the true HD recording from the drone itself, you will probably see a perfect recording. If not, you either have a problem with your memory card or the drone.

Last edited:

Card reader is not mandatory but useful. Page 38 of User Manual does mention how to retrieve media from sdcard: thru camera data port. Have a look.

Wonder how many pilots are not using sdcard files but just 720p from device. I recall a guy who posted a video in this forum to share flight performance in forest and people started to ask why quality was not great as expected.

Not sure DJI elaborated much about how to deal with footage sourcing but maybe I'm missing some official tutorial or so.

Last edited:
If you have a Samsung Tablet they the green & yellow streaks, DJI had my P4 for 4 weeks and sent it back saying essentially get another tablet.

I just found my iPad also record the green field. Going to pull the SD card tomorrow and check the footage there.
Interesting. My iPad Air 2 also began to do the green bar thing with the latest GO 4. It never broke up with GO 3, but GO 4 seems to have too much for it to handle so it's starting to break up a bit. Usually when I press a screen button too so it's processor is being taxed.

I'll need an iPad Air 4 by the time DJI gets to GO 5 at the rate they keep messing with it. :(

Samsung will never be able to keep up - damhik either! :mad:

I had this with my Samsung Tab 8. I thought it was transmission. One day the tablet battery was dead so I used my iPhone. It was crystal clear. So I bought the NVIDEA Shield tablet and I have never had this issue since. It must be video processor in tablet from the USB. I also gain HDMI out from the tablet with all the flight information instead of paying $100 for the HDMI module and not getting this info in my goggles. I posted a YouTube comparison of tablet options FYI.

Just note HDMI signal from module is always available even if GO app crashes or tablet/phone has an issue. As backup, those having the HDMI module can swap goggles from K1 to module! *

* Goggles to detect/support video signal change

Last edited:
I gave up on San Disk Extreme micro SD cards after several corruptions in my GoPro Hero 3+ Black and these were 32GB cards. I've been using Lexar now for few years now and have not had any corruptions. I still use San Disk full size SD cards without any problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor