What version of DJI Go for iOS avoids NFZ and limited flight?

Reaction score
I thought I had my iOS app all figured out, but apparently not. What version of the app should I use to avoid all the NFZ lockout nonsense?

I was on 3.1.12 for a very long time. It never asked me for my phone number, nor told me I had limited flight height/range.

Then, accidentally I 'upgraded to 3.1.19. All of a sudden it said I had limited flight range if I didn't enter my phone number. I have a wifi-only device, and so I had to way to log in and enter my phone number in the field, and so had limited flight.

I decided to roll back my firmware to 3.1.12 again to spare me the headache. I did so using the 'charles proxy' method and an old version of iTunes.

Once I was back to 3.1.12 on my device, now it was STILL saying that I was in a NFZ and that I needed to enter my phone number. How is this possible!? I tried to enter my phone number, but it just kept saying 'invalid number'. Is this because my device is not an actual phone? It's also still giving me warnings about where I'm flying, and I had to check boxes saying I was authorized to fly there and that I assumed all responsiblity for flying there, before I could actually fly. This never happened *before* the upgrade when I was on 3.1.12.

Any ideas what happened?

Any idea what version of DJI go I need to be on to avoid this nonsense? The last thing I want to do is be on a job in the field on my WiFi-only device and unexpectedly have limited flight.

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing it's also upgraded the firmware somewhere (phantom or controller)?

I gave up and use Litchi - I only keep an old 'non-network' phone with an old DJI Go on it for checking batteries.

I'm guessing it's also upgraded the firmware somewhere (phantom or controller)?

I gave up and use Litchi - I only keep an old 'non-network' phone with an old DJI Go on it for checking batteries.
Unfortunately, Litchi isn't working for me, and I can't figure out why.
And no, the RC and AC firmware were actually not updated.
any other ideas?

I still have not got the flight restrictions figured out. I’ve done what everyone has said about a 100 login, logout, delete app, reinstall, roll back version, etc, etc. nothing has worked. I haven’t flown again waiting to read on here that some new upgrade might fix it.

Reactions: tibrob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT