What to do with dead phantom

Reaction score
so my quote came through today and the phantom is uneconomical to repair as I thought it would be so.

I have the remote with dbs for sale as I won't need it.

What should I do with the phantom? Spares or repairs or break it down?

The motors are fine and only a couple months old. The gps is fine. The shell is ok. And there's some other bits also.

eBay ... Spares or Repair ....

If anything like me - it would end up collecting dust and then be no use to anyone !!

Nigel

Reactions: rfaaj and macoman
eBay ... Spares or Repair ....

If anything like me - it would end up collecting dust and then be no use to anyone !!

Nigel

Yeah that's no good. Might as well try and make as much as I can to go towards a professional.

I'm hoping the remote with dbs already fitted will sell easy.

Then either drone for spares or strip it down to individual parts. Then a couple of battery's.

Hi Dazz,

Sorry to hear about your aircraft. I've been thinking about converting an old Phantom into a wheeled or track vehicle. The video link from the Phantom hardware would be awesome. I'd use the DJI GO app and have a cool ground vehicle.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I have to admit that the DJI camera system has interested me for other uses ... but its getting control without having to stay with their controller.

Nigel

Hang it from the ceiling in you bedroom, better yet turn it into a light fixture by hooking up the Led lights, or adding a light on the bottom.

I just thought of many more :rolleyes:

Make the beep noise and flashing lights to be an alarm clock.

Turn it into a ceiling fan an light.

That is just a couple. :eek:

Rod

Reactions: Tim Dawes
I would just Ebay whatever is still good on it and put that money towards a Pro. That remote will sell pretty quick as guys who have no clue how to mod would buy it.

so my quote came through today and the phantom is uneconomical to repair as I thought it would be so.

I have the remote with dbs for sale as I won't need it.

What should I do with the phantom? Spares or repairs or break it down?

The motors are fine and only a couple months old. The gps is fine. The shell is ok. And there's some other bits also.

Hi - relatively new here and not done any modding myself, what does the mod on your controller actually do then? Might be interested that's all.

Hi - relatively new here and not done any modding myself, what does the mod on your controller actually do then? Might be interested that's all.

It's a range extender buddy. But not just a clip on thing lol it's a complete new antenna.

It's called the itelite dbs antenna and I have had 1.2 miles from mine.
Other have had even more depending on location.

Check out there website here. drone-antennas

It's a range extender buddy. But not just a clip on thing lol it's a complete new antenna.

It's called the itelite dbs antenna and I have had 1.2 miles from mine.
Other have had even more depending on location.

That does sound like what iv been looking at but iv been too nervous about drilling my transmitter etc.
Do you still have video feed at that range?

That does sound like what iv been looking at but iv been too nervous about drilling my transmitter etc.
Do you still have video feed at that range?

Well if your interested d I'm selling mine for £130 Plus postage. It's all installed by myself as I work for a tool company lol. It's extremely neat and yeas I have great signal for both the video and control at over 1 mile.

Reactions: Matts175
Guys

2 batteries for sale if anyone interested.

Both under 1 month old

1 battery's has roughly 2 charges in it

The other has roughly 8-10

But if you buy another P3 ... advanced or Pro ... those batterys are good there as well ....

Nigel

Reactions: Matts175
Didn't realise they stoped p4 production.

Now my decision is harder.

Hey dazzauk

When you sell your spare parts of p3s, can i buy your p3s cameras wifi-module, if it is working? The wifi-module, which has two 2.4ghz antenna connection.
Mine stopped working, I can not get video feed and the phantom 3s is out of warranty, so i do not want to buy the whole camera with gimbal.

Hey dazzauk

When you sell your spare parts of p3s, can i buy your p3s cameras wifi-module, if it is working? The wifi-module, which has two 2.4ghz antenna connection.
Mine stopped working, I can not get video feed and the phantom 3s is out of warranty, so i do not want to buy the whole camera with gimbal.

Hey buddy. I'll have to see a pic of it lol.
But yeah it is working. Only thing not working is the reciver which apparently is part of th email boss.

Oh and the camera lol which takes the cost over and betond lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl