What to do about cracks?

That's the worst support I've heard from Best Buy. In the US you can return product within a period of time, even if it's opened, especially if it's faulty. I think Best Buy's policy in the US is 15 days.
I was hesitant to buy when they told me but it was in my hand and I just wanted to fly. No issue so didn't have to return lol.

I just sent my P4 back for a new shell under warranty, they received it yesterday. We'll see how long it takes. Last time I sent it in I got it back 9 days later, a brand new craft, no refurb. However, I'm only 30mi from the DJI repair location in Carson, CA. UPS ground is overnight.
UPDATE,
So I shipped my P4 back on Mar 21 via UPS to get a new shell, barely in warranty. The next day UPS tracking confirmed DJI got it on Mar 22. Today, Mar 28th I got an email from DJI saying they received my P4. o_O

I do love DJI products, but their service could be way better. But I will say, their service has improved versus what it was a couple years ago. I can imagine they have hundreds of drones arrive each day for repair (warranty an non warranty), but they really need to scale up their staff to grow with their volume of returns IMO. That's really the ONLY serious problem with DJI, because their products are far ahead of the competition for a comparable price range. DJI is killing the competition, literally, with 3DR and Lilly death spirals, Yuneec layoffs, Parrot layoffs, GoPro layoffs. Lots of turmoil.

UPDATE:
I got notified yesterday, March 29th that my cracked shell warranty claim will be no charge.

Last edited:
Agree with John Locke, never seen so many different points of failure in the shell.
As an aside, glad you got off the island John, I'm sure it was an "enlightenment" experience...

Instead of "scaling up the staff" why not just address the issue that they have with the plastic cracking on all of these new drones?? It's not the staffs problem. They need to do something and they need to do it now.

Hey guys, My P4 is just over an month old. It has never been abused or crashed. What advice would you give on this? Send for repairs, try to repair myself, or see how long it lasts? I worry about DJI's customer service. I feel for sure this is a manufacturer defect. Thanks for your input.
9ef53691844ac6dafe059075ee63cce7.jpg
924e490fbb398ad88706380cd2d3a4d0.jpg
819d75678950ce13eb303e07c1c7a277.jpg
f5782f18537b70923f0a911de9616706.jpg
81f0422d2fa1b9996a0eb0db7491cae6.jpg
How do u transport ur drone. Ie what sort of bag do u use?

I have the dji backpack, was part of the christmas promo last year, got the P3A and the backpack together.

I have the dji backpack, was part of the christmas promo last year, got the P3A and the backpack together.
I suspect most people complaining of cracks transport the p4 in a soft backpack which transfers all impacts and pressure on the bag straight to the drone. This causing the cracks

I think I'm gonna try out one of the Mi Drones. They're not but $500 and seem to be a pretty nice quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18