Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What Tablet Do You Recommend?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Walboy, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Walboy

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and tried using my Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6". The app works fine but there is a little lag on the video, not massive but enough to not be able to see smooth camera tilt.

Can anyone recommend a tablet with very similar screen size that will work 100% perfect. Something that has NO lag at all, and not Apple.

Thanks in advance.

2. flpholt

want a good tablet nvedia shield k1

3. Walboy

I have an 8" tablet and when comparing that to the size of the Tab E at 9.6", it looks quite small. I would prefer something at least 9" but if there is nothing that will work without lag, then I guess I will have to settle for an 8".

4. GB71

I use an Ipad 2 mini and it works great. My problem is the case I have on it is to thick for the holder to grasp it securely. Haven't figured out a good alternative to protecting the ipad and securing it to the holder yet. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

5. HWCM

I have the Nvidia and a iPad mini 4. The Nvidia, as much as I like it, is useless in any sun at all. Cloudy or not. The glare is so terrible you can not see a thing. It is like looking at a black screen. I have tried anti glare screen covers, hoods (three different types). Nothing helps. But it is great in the extreme shade or night. Although the Ipad screen looks far superior. The Nvidia screen looks pixelated.
    I had to stop using the Nvidia.
    i am not an Apple fan, but in this case it matches up great with the phantom 3.

#5 HWCM, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  6. Huskerfan

No problems with my iPad 2. I think almost any tablet will have a problem with the sun. That's why you buy a sun shade.

7. Paul Schulze

I used an iPad 3 with a iPad Mini Case, Mocase Ultra-Thin Clear Soft Skin TPU Rubber Gel Protective Case for iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina (TPU-Blue) found on Amazon for $8 (case). Works great and will clamp right on p3A.

Also on Amazon is a Halo Screen Protector Film Clear Matte (Anti-Glare) for Apple Ipad Mini & Ipad Mini Retina which really helps glare.

8. mikesmiley

I was hoping someone would start a new Which Tablet thread. It's been a least a couple days since the last one.

dtviewer, matti and Huskerfan like this.
  9. Huskerfan

haha, ur probably right. is there a search button on this forum? Oh, wait, what's that little magnifying glass looking thing in the upper right corner?

mikesmiley likes this.
  10. NRJ

NRJ

You may find this interesting. I too had lag but using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I used this guys fix and no more lag. Phantom 3 Advanced Owners with the bad 2 - 6 second video lag [FINALLY FIXED!]

11. msinger

Approved Vendor

The Google Nexus 7 (2013) is also another good non-Apple option. And, it's one of DJI's recommended devices.

I don't believe there is a tablet that has absolutely no lag. If you wave your hand quickly in front of the camera, you'll see a slight lag on all devices.

geekl33tgamer likes this.
  12. geekl33tgamer

Can't recommend that tablet enough, and it's so cheap these days. I bought one especially for use with my P3.

13. Zeprider

+1 on Nvidia Shield K1. Lag free enjoyment. Screen is not the brightest though.

14. Walboy

As mentioned, I want something around the same size as my Galaxy Tab E (9.6") 7" is way too small.

Looking at my Lenovo 8" is ok at best but I would much prefer something a little bigger but if I can get something with very little leg that's 8" then I may go for it.

I was looking at the Nvidia Shield K1 but read a few issues people have with the screen where they cant see the image very well.

15. msinger

Approved Vendor

In general, screens are harder to see in direct sunlight. While some are better than others, I think you'll have the best experience if using some type of sun shade.

16. HWCM

Sunshades don't work. Period.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

17. msinger

Approved Vendor

There are many different types of sun shades. Some work better than others. For example, the Hoodman sun shade blocks out all light.

18. dtviewer

My sunshade works perfect. Period.

I use a hoodman...not one bit of glare.
    None.

19. HWCM

That's more of a viewing box than a sunshade.
    I guess that is why they are called hoods.

20. HWCM

Again, that is more of a viewing "box" than a shade.
    Standing under an awning is a shade. Standing in something with four walls and a roof is not a shade. Lol
    I agree, those look like they would be great. It looks like a great product. But not $100.00 great. You could just throw a towel over your head and the tablet and save $95.00.