WHAT Should I Do?

EJ if you want to shoot car, motorcycle etc then P4P is way to go as it will give you better resolution. You can always get a Magic later.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mavic image quality is not better than the P4 standard. The Mavic image quality is quite poor. The ONLY thing the Mavic is good for is stuffing in a standard backpack and going on real hikes/backcountry trips during which you need a real backpack full of gear/supplies. If you're not doing that, the P4P can also be easily transported in a dedicated backpack (with no real room for anything other than summertime, day hike provisions) and offers worlds better image quality.
I agree.. the 60 frames setting is useless on the mavic. I had both the p4 and mavic and decided to keep my p4 and sell the mavic

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

From what I see, more areas are being closed off to drone flying than previously. This is not a good trend. If you keep waiting for each new generation of tech, you may be losing the largest window of opportunity to fly it.

Stop dithering. Get a Mavic. It's better than the P4 in every way. The most important way being that it's the one I bought and I hate thinking I bought the wrong one. :)

Seriously you can't go wrong buying any quadcopter. The P3 is a fantastic copter. P4 is awesome. Mavic is a blast.

The only real error would be sitting on your sofa wasting a sunny Saturday watching Youtube video's of other people having fun.

Reactions: snakeeyes0269
I think one of the big advantages of the P4P is the size of the sensor. This will tend to allow you more flexibility when taking still images and cropping at a later time. My understanding is it also has a larger dynamic range. I have a P4P+. I really love the bright screen. In the past I needed FPV goggles. Now I don't. My biggest concern with the P4P+ is whether or not the software available will match software in a standard iPad\iPhone. For example the GS(Ground Station) Pro software is not available on the plus

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello I have the P3S and I really like the Mavic Pro and the P4P+! Also heard about the Mavic Pro 2 coming out! With all my family the Mavic Pro is small and easy to pack as the P4P+ comes with a better image and a built in screen so my phone/tablet doesn't get the battery drained! Please give me your feed back bc I have done my research but really would like to hear advice from actual owners!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using PhantomPilots mobile app
For what it's worth, I have been very happy with the P4P, and i have a dedicated LG VK700 tablet, picked it up basically for nada, but it has 4G LTE, and a big display. Being Android, it won't run some apps at all, (DD), but is perfectly suited for Pix4D capture.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3