WHAT Should I Do?

Reaction score
Hello I have the P3S and I really like the Mavic Pro and the P4P+! Also heard about the Mavic Pro 2 coming out! With all my family the Mavic Pro is small and easy to pack as the P4P+ comes with a better image and a built in screen so my phone/tablet doesn't get the battery drained! Please give me your feed back bc I have done my research but really would like to hear advice from actual owners!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both the Mavic and P4P are excellent machines. It comes down in the end, in my view, to portability vs image quality. The P4P image quality is better than the Mavic and is not all that hard to lug around. But the Mavic is so easy to pack and carry and the image quality is very good. There are also reports that the P4P is more stable in windy conditions. I bought the P4P and never regretted it. There are many Mavic owners who will say the same thing about their purchase. You can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

P4P better image quality but bigger, Mavic better image quality than the P4 and P3S and compact. I have a P3S and ordered a Mavic, figured instead of lugging a case around I can just throw the Mavic in a small bag and go and you arent giving much up as far as image quality goes.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: EJKeatts
Mavic image quality is not better than the P4 standard. The Mavic image quality is quite poor. The ONLY thing the Mavic is good for is stuffing in a standard backpack and going on real hikes/backcountry trips during which you need a real backpack full of gear/supplies. If you're not doing that, the P4P can also be easily transported in a dedicated backpack (with no real room for anything other than summertime, day hike provisions) and offers worlds better image quality.

Mavic image quality is not better than the P4 standard. The Mavic image quality is quite poor. The ONLY thing the Mavic is good for is stuffing in a standard backpack and going on real hikes/backcountry trips during which you need a real backpack full of gear/supplies. If you're not doing that, the P4P can also be easily transported in a dedicated backpack (with no real room for anything other than summertime, day hike provisions) and offers worlds better image quality.
Not according to all the reviews i've seen when they compare the two side by side the reviewers liked the mavic better and has better low light quality. And if you calling a big case or big backpack as easily transportable compared to the mavic then you have different views on portability than most people.

Last edited:
I have had my P3S for 3 months now.

I will have a Mavic Pro very soon. Already prepping my wife for the $1,000 spend.

The smaller size, higher speed, and farther range have me suckered in. The camera spec are close enough, but the tap to focus is almost a deal breaker.

I will have a Mavic Pro very soon. Already prepping my wife for the $1,000 spend.

The smaller size, higher speed, and farther range have me suckered in. The camera spec are close enough, but the tap to focus is almost a deal breaker.

It's really not a big deal. Assign focus to one of the C buttons. Hit it once after you take off, never worry about it again.

Do you own a DSLR? Ive owned a few and to me its pretty much the same focusing concept with a DSLR you want to focus before each shot to get the best picture, same was the Mavic you have to manual focus which isnt a big deal. Focus to get the shot and go, easy.

If you want it to have fun and play get pictures get the Mavic

If your wanting professional pictures and shots get the phantom 4 pro

I have the phantom 3 professional and was thinking of selling to get a Mavic because I'm just using it to play.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

P5 and the Mavic3 are coming next, you should wait.

I need holographic display and swarm control, gonna wait for the Mavic 5

Thanks so much guys! I'm stuck bc I have 3 kids and a fiance so I kinda need something small but I wanna start using my drone to shoot car, motorcycle, etc. Commercials! So I know the P4P+ wields a better image just been battling over the 2 since the P4P+ came out! I mean I know the extra case size really wouldn't matter bc the image quality would be significant! But also 500 more than the mavic fly more combo!

Also just read the last comment! I'm afraid to buy the mavic and 2 months down the road the mavic pro 2 comes out! The P4P+ would be a no brainer if it had obstacle avoidance sensors on top! You never know when the new is coming out!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan