What Next?????

Reaction score
Ok so I know I am in Phantom 4 area but I wanted to see what everyone thought. I am a long time P3P owner and am now looking to move to something else. So the question is, what’s next?
P4P or Magic Pro Plat?

Patience.....Still flying my trusty P3A.......Unless there is something of great significance on the horizon, stick with what works for you. Just IMOH. A P4,or Mavic is not enough to make me flinch. Have considered an Inspire, but patience is a virtue as they say......;)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hahah, understood, I am not impatient I just kinda want something new. I mean the P3P is still great but I think I want to grab a 4 or Magic Pro and the goggles

I'd rather wait until June and see if the MP2 comes out, especially since waiting also means the Mavic's price will drop even if it doesn't come out.

Personally I could care less about goggles. To me that just gets in the way of visual control. I like to have pure visual ( As much as possible ), for safety reasons. However, I do fly from time to time to the max extent of VLOS, but I never lose actual sight. With the cree strobes I can have visual to around 1/2 to 3/4 mile or so. Goggles and such just get in the way. Just IMOH. But each to their own...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I have the P4P and Mavic Pro (with low noise props but not the platinum). Each have their own pros and cons. The P4P takes amazing photos and video but is bulkier and takes longer to setup. The MP is very convenient to carry around has a quick setup time but photos and video are just good. I would probably hold off if you are still satisfied with the P3A and see what the next big DJI release offers.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ok so I know I am in Phantom 4 area but I wanted to see what everyone thought. I am a long time P3P owner and am now looking to move to something else. So the question is, what’s next?
P4P or Magic Pro Plat?

What are you needing/wanting that you're not getting with your P3P?

I still have and fly my P3P but I also have an Inspire 1 V2 and Mavic Platinum. We purchased them for specific reasons:

Inspire 1 V2 for Search & rescue. It's a great aircraft but not as convenient to setup and fly as a Phantom. It's large and loud and draws a lot of extra attention where ever we fly it. Interchangeable camera (thermal options) is a HUGE plus but they are expensive.

Mavic Platinum we bought for longer flight times, quieter operation, and extremely portable and easy to setup and break down. Camera isn't any improvement over P3P but it does a good job in what we are needing it for (Real Estate, Construction Progress, Events etc).

If I need a better camera I would go for the P4P but I really genuinely enjoy my Platinum most of all.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164