What is wrong with my camera

Reaction score
My phantom 3 pro camera rocks back and forth along the horizon. I've done 14 IMU calibrations up to this point, all followed by a gimbal calibration. I can make it stop by hand but once I'm airborne whenever the aircraft moves to the right it twitches and rock back and forth again and need to bring it back and land it to make it stop by hand. It has the latest firmware and was installed correctly. What am I missing??

My phantom 3 pro camera rocks back and forth along the horizon. I've done 14 IMU calibrations up to this point, all followed by a gimbal calibration. I can make it stop by hand but once I'm airborne whenever the aircraft moves to the right it twitches and rock back and forth again and need to bring it back and land it to make it stop by hand. It has the latest firmware and was installed correctly. What am I missing??
Welcome!

Did you remove the small piece of shipping foam from behind the gimbal board?

Whenever the drone tilts to the right it's a repetitive tilting backs and forth of the horizon. Looked over the entire gimbal plate and camera nothing seems to be restricting it. Reading a lot about the latest firmware being a problem. Could firmware possibly cause something like this?

Whenever the drone tilts to the right it's a repetitive tilting backs and forth of the horizon. Looked over the entire gimbal plate and camera nothing seems to be restricting it. Reading a lot about the latest firmware being a problem. Could firmware possibly cause something like this?
The way you described it now sounds like a drifting horizon. It didn't earlier because you mentioned twitching which would be more indicative of other issues.

It hard for us to tell without seeing video, but does this post sound like what you are experiencing?

Also, does this post resonate with you at all?

Last edited:
I'm trying to upload a video but the site says I do not have an allowable extension.

I'm trying to upload a video but the site says I do not have an allowable extension.
You can't upload video directly to the forum. You need to upload it to another wed site such as YouTube for example and then post a link here on the forum.

Also, please try to not create several threads for the same issue.

Cheers!

Than you for the info. Sorry about the multiple threads. Been banging my head on the wall about this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94