P3P Horizon Won't Stop Level

Reaction score
Hello,
I have got a P3P and and I'm really not enjoying flying it,
I just don't want to fly it anymore due to the horizon tilt that I've got,
Everytime I take off and hover steady the horizon is way way out,
I've seen some that are just slight but mine is terrible,
To get it somewhere near I need to adjust gimbal roll and I'm currently set at -6.5 which is stupidly a lot,
As soon as I yaw the phantom around gently with the slightest touch,
Then the horizon goes way out and won't come back,
I have to open the gimbal roll again and tap it so it clicks into place again,
This is only with still photos,
Video is a definite no no, I just darent record any footage as it's truly shocking Level when hovering and as soon as I go forward it looses the level and it's tilted terribly,
I have done 3 cold IMU calibrations, numerous gimbal calibrations and compass calibrations,
It's truly awful, can someone please advise on how I could get this resolved, if worst case scenario and it's return to DJI, would they charge me for the repair ?,
It's just over 2 month old and never been crashed or hard landed always been hand caught,
Thank you in advance for any help offered
79333613d4e6f02be52158633180378b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello,
I have got a P3P and and I'm really not enjoying flying it,
I just don't want to fly it anymore due to the horizon tilt that I've got,
Everytime I take off and hover steady the horizon is way way out,
I've seen some that are just slight but mine is terrible,
To get it somewhere near I need to adjust gimbal roll and I'm currently set at -6.5 which is stupidly a lot,
As soon as I yaw the phantom around gently with the slightest touch,
Then the horizon goes way out and won't come back,
I have to open the gimbal roll again and tap it so it clicks into place again,
This is only with still photos,
Video is a definite no no, I just darent record any footage as it's truly shocking Level when hovering and as soon as I go forward it looses the level and it's tilted terribly,
I have done 3 cold IMU calibrations, numerous gimbal calibrations and compass calibrations,
It's truly awful, can someone please advise on how I could get this resolved, if worst case scenario and it's return to DJI, would they charge me for the repair ?,
It's just over 2 month old and never been crashed or hard landed always been hand caught,
Thank you in advance for any help offered
79333613d4e6f02be52158633180378b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Search the forum for "tilted horizon" and for your case "drifting horizon." You'll find hundreds of posts regarding this unfortunately all too common problem.

A static tilt is relatively easy thing to correct. You'll get all of the standard suggestions such as cold IMU, gimbal roll adjustment, gimbal calibration, fix it in post, etc. These often help for a static tilt, but as you know they don't work as a permanent fix for a drifting tilt.

A drifting tilt as you described is completely different and is rarely correctable on a permanent basis without sending it in. For that reason, I normally recommend to send it in if you are still under warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Sutphin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers