What is the biggest and best battery I could use on Phantom

Reaction score
What is the biggest and best battery I could use on Phantom 1 to get more fight time. I have tarot gimbal, osd, and fat shark attached

Re: What is the biggest and best battery I could use on Phan

Maddog 2700 or Dinogy 2800 will fit in the bay without modification. Either should give 25% more flight time.

moe3754 said:
Buy one of the custom made batteries from Maxamps.com. They are made in the USA and are made only after you order them. Maxamps is the only battery I use on my quads, a little expensive but one of the best.

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=398

Quite a vague reply. Which battery on that site would you suggest for the P1?

I run the Dinogy 2800 batteries and recommend them. They are a bit fatter than the stock batteries though and a tight squeeze in the battery bay with the connecting wires stuffed inside. So I cut a hole in the belly and one in the battery door so I can run the battery wire externally.

With a H3-2D and P2 props I average about 11:30 air time. Hope that helps.

OI Photography said:
This is the maxamps option: http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-2800-111-Phantom-Pack.htm

Great batt, but if you don't want to pay quite that much, I have some good alternatives up for sale right now: http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-2800-111-Phantom-Pack.htm

Any of those are worthy options for a P1/FC40, regardless of where you get them.

Same link twice and wow those are pricey. :eek:

An eBay search on Tenergy battery 3s 2700 mAh is half that price and that's only one brand out of several. Not found one larger than 2700 that will fit a stock Phantom setup....yet.

I check for power, type and then dimensions in that order. Stock batteries are 33 x 24 x 103 mm and if you get more than 2-3 mm above any of those it' becomes a very tight fit.

pierrelogic said:
OI Photography said:
This is the maxamps option: http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-2800-111-Phantom-Pack.htm

Great batt, but if you don't want to pay quite that much, I have some good alternatives up for sale right now: http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-2800-111-Phantom-Pack.htm

Any of those are worthy options for a P1/FC40, regardless of where you get them.

Same link twice

Oops :oops:

Fixed now, you can see the (far less expensive) options I was talking about.

HeliRy said:
I run the Dinogy 2800 batteries and recommend them. They are a bit fatter than the stock batteries though and a tight squeeze in the battery bay with the connecting wires stuffed inside. So I cut a hole in the belly and one in the battery door so I can run the battery wire externally.

With a H3-2D and P2 props I average about 11:30 air time. Hope that helps.

I was running Dinogy 2800s too and I widened the battery opening with a dremel so it wasn't so tight a fit. I like your idea of a separate hole for the battery wire.

With stock props and H3-3D gimbel I was getting 10:15 mins of flight time average with a loaded weight of 1135 grams. The P2 props would improve on that a bit too, but I lost my Phantom so I cant test them right now.

There are some larger 3d printed battery doors at shapeways, they make the mad dogs fit a bit easier. More room for the cables. Probably would work for the dinogy batteries as well.

ATOMSK said:
moe3754 said:
Buy one of the custom made batteries from Maxamps.com. They are made in the USA and are made only after you order them. Maxamps is the only battery I use on my quads, a little expensive but one of the best.

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=398

Quite a vague reply. Which battery on that site would you suggest for the P1?
If you look at the site there are only two batteries and they both will work with the P1 since they do not make batteries for the P2. Maybe you should read before responding?

pierrelogic said:
OI Photography said:

Same link twice and wow those are pricey. :eek:

An eBay search on Tenergy battery 3s 2700 mAh is half that price and that's only one brand out of several. Not found one larger than 2700 that will fit a stock Phantom setup....yet.

I check for power, type and then dimensions in that order. Stock batteries are 33 x 24 x 103 mm and if you get more than 2-3 mm above any of those it' becomes a very tight fit.
How many of those other cheap batteries have a lifetime warranty and have phone support here in the USA if something goes wrong, I would bet none of them, you get what you pay for, Cheap crap or quality!

moe3754 said:
How many of those other cheap batteries have a lifetime warranty and have phone support here in the USA if something goes wrong, I would bet none of them, you get what you pay for, Cheap crap or quality!

The maxamps are indeed good batteries, but to say all others are trash is a bit of an overstatement. While I would definitely put Zippy batts in the "you get what you pay for" category, I haven't had any of the other brands I've used fail on me. That's not to say they never would of course, but it shows you aren't necessarily going to get screwed if you don't decide to pay top dollar for a battery.

moe3754 said:

Check the fine print on that lifetime warranty. Replacement value goes way down after one year. Not really a lifetime warranty, not without mentioning the exceptions.

Personally, I see zero need for a battery to be made waterproof either so therefore no need to pay for that feature either. This is a flying machine, not a submarine.

I do agree with you on you get what you pay for...always, What works for you works for you. To each their own. :roll:

Besides, if you look closely at more fine print if anyone is using non OEM batteries and something goes terribly wrong directly related to that battery you're possibly SOL with DJI in regards to your quad.

I am using turnigy 3s 4000mah batteries on my Phantom, I had to some serious modifications to the battery compartment to make them fit getting about 12mins-14mins flight time with brushless gimbal and cheap fpv set-up

Dinogy 2800's here with of course a modifcation to the battery door...which in a way makes it better...Once you get the home lock (rapid green blinks) you dont have to go mess with the phantom trying to shove wires back in the battery door.

That battery along with the P2 props, doubled my FPV flying time to about 11 minutes.

Dinogy 2800's - I agree, but not necessary modifications dock battery door, battery can be inserted upside down, the cables first.
With AUW 1250 g (Antigravity motors, 9447 props, gimbal H3-2D, FPV 400mW, Simensays landing gear, iOSD Mk II, MarcoPolo tag) I flies to 9.5-10 minutes.

I'm using the 4000 mA Multistar. The only mod to the stock door was very slight dremeling of the opening edges top and bottom, and opening power wire holes, 1/2 in the door and 1/2 in the frame in the upper right corner for the receiving power line from the P, and a similar hole on the lateral right side for the power line from the battery. I then connect manually outside the door AFTER pushing the battery in. I can get the 4000 to slide in (tight...but does) AND get the stock door closed and locked with insignificant changes to the stock battery compartment and stock door....WHILE shaving a few grams off the weight.

I can post pics if anyone wants. I get up to 15 mins flight time with my heavily loaded bird and, so far, have not touched the gains settings or anything else. Using V2 clone (non-self-tightening) props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan