What if app crashes while flying?

When I fly with a tablet, I make sure I have my smartphone so I can switch to the Go app on the phone if the tablet and/app flake out.

For me personally, I'd do RTH ASAP and allow the most time to restart the app and/or device, or switch devices.

Sent from my LG V10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

This has not happened to me, but I would like to know, what should one do if the app (litchi, dji GO) crashes while the bird is in the air? I must admin most times I do not have sight of it as I like to fly a fair distance (rural area).

Do you just let it hover and try to re-open the app? If it doesn't open? Can you get another device with the app on and start it up? Will that work?

I realize you can RTH through the RC which is what you would probably do.

If the bird's in the air, will the drone connect to another device if you had to use a different device? or does the app just need to connect to he RC?
...Solly, this has happened to me several times.. most with the Inspire1 running the DJi-Pilot v1.20.. these craft will fly without the App or Tablet, obviously the Ctrl has to connected to have ctrl of it.. IF the RTH settings are config to RTN Home and everything is operating properly then it should RTN Home, if its setup to Hover then it should hover (bear in mind, accurately hovering in place req sev systems operating properly also).. BTW if the reason for Dis-Conn is high interference to the craft then there is the possibility of the compass becoming wigged out, in that case (again, if op properly) it should hover in place.. so, if you're flying your craft lets say down range 2000ft, your app crashes my advise is to wait no longer than 30sec, close the app, re-start and attempt to re-conn.. upon re-conn its highly advisable to immediately set the Ctrl-Sta as Home-Point, should you drop conn or if the app crashes again it should then RTN to the Ctrl-Sta IF everything is op properly... BTW, I have this particular scenario documented on my web-site incl flight path(s)...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

S2 switch .... flick it back and forth couple of times ... start her RTH. She comes back to you based on recorded GPS Home position in the AC ...

Litchi / Go - makes no difference.

So simple its daft !! No need for anything else.

Nigel

Reactions: Loz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna