What do you use to convert FPV signal analog to digital?

Reaction score
I have some events coming up, and I want to use the FPV video signal being transmitter from my aircraft, through my receiver, and then, into a computer. The problem is, my source is analogue(yellow rca cable out)....and it needs to be either HDMI, firewire, or USB/Digital.

And no-Lightbridge isn't in our budget right now.......we actually could use it, but I believe it's a bit spendy.....so I'm keeping it simple for these projects.

So, what are people using to do this? It would be for a real-time, live webcast...so the SD quality of the FPV being transmitted from the aircraft, would be fine.
Also, just an FYI; with the new FPV Hub-it has a switch labeled Vid and iOSD(or something like that). You can have iOSD mini, and flip the switch to Vid, and it removed the iOSD mini's overlay on your transmitter video.....pretty cool. See, there are times when I really need the iOSD mini, and times, like now, where my raw video feed will be broadcast, and I don't want the iOSD mini in that video. So my new P2Z will have that feature installed.

Thanks for those that help.

Yea, that would do it, thanks. I've seen a few others too. Kinda wondering if anyone has used one of these, and how well they work?
I'm trying to figure out of the Guy needs HDMI in, or if USB/Firewire is what he needs....hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Understood, and there's dozens of different manufacturers (and models...and prices...and quality..) of those adaptors, but that's probably the easiest solution type assuming you don't absolutely have to go to firewire.

Yep, agree.
The other "solution" is, to plug the yellow composite video out, into a larger monitor, and have him set his video camera up on that and just film it. It is, after all, a webcast....so depending on bandwidth available on site, the quality doesn't have to be great.
Glad I bought the TS832 combo TX/RX though.....I can still use my monitor/receiver, and just let him use the Boscam receiver, with a lipo, composite out, and a CP antenna on it. Already tested it, and the video out works great on my 2nd computer monitor(24" LCD).

I use the Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD and feed my FPV monitor AV out to my MacBook Air using VideoGlide software. Most of the Windows based cables work with VideoGlide software.

A quick screen shot...

x0wqjt.jpg

Thanks-I'm familiar with that. I'm now looking for something that will convert and output via Firewire.

How does the Dazzle work for live video? Any delay or frame drops? Could you plug it into your laptop, and use your laptop as your FPV monitor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18