What Android tablet works fine with phantom 4 pro?

I use the NVIDIA Shield with my P3A, however with my next drone I think CrystalSky is the way to go.

Reactions: pie182
How many GB of storage is on yours? I'm seeing the $150 Nexus 7 2013 with 16gb only. Should I look at the 32 GB or will 16 be fine? I'm not putting anything but DJI go 4 on it and maybe Litchi but that's it. I have no plans to put Facebook on there or any games or anything like that.

Mine is 16GB, it's plenty - I only have Litchi and Go on it.

Reactions: CameraMan65
I use an Nvidia Shield K1 - Still on Android 6.0.1 because 7 was a bit flaky with DJI Go 4 - others have reported no issues with the latest version of Android

Mine is rock solid and never crashes so (based on my experience) I'd recommend one

Does this tablet work fine with the latest Phantom 4 DJI firmware?

To the OP. try to change the transmission settings in go 4 on your mini. Guarantee that will fix the problems you mentioned in your original post. Try it and let me know if it works out. Nothing against Android tablets but you have a mini that should work fine.

To the OP. try to change the transmission settings in go 4 on your mini. Guarantee that will fix the problems you mentioned in your original post. Try it and let me know if it works out. Nothing against Android tablets but you have a mini that should work fine.

Thanks, but what settings should I check?
Can you point them to me?

Settings > Image Transmission Settings > Custom

Then you have access to the channels and the nitrate of the video transmission. I would try 6 or 4mbs

That should fix the problem

Recent updates upped the data rate for the live view and quite frankly it's too much for the iPad to handle. It makes not the iPad, DJI is forcing so much data into the iPad that it's suffocating the processor. Hence why it "appears" to be a feed problem when in reality it's the processor choking.

Is that for an Android? I noticed that you said mini. I don't have a mini. I have a Lexus 7 first generation.

I won a Nexus 7 2013 the other day on eBay. That should be here soon. In the meanwhile, those settings, do I need to be connected to the P4P while I am doing that or can I do that while not being connected to anything. Will the settings stick without being connected?

One more thing. I found the setting 'Image transmission code rate'. It's set to 4Mbps. That's the lowest setting. So I should raise that up?

Reactions: pie182
I was referring to the OP (original poster, the person who started this thread)

Then you have access to the channels and the nitrate of the video transmission. I would try 6 or 4mbs

That should fix the problem

Recent updates upped the data rate for the live view and quite frankly it's too much for the iPad to handle. It makes not the iPad, DJI is forcing so much data into the iPad that it's suffocating the processor. Hence why it "appears" to be a feed problem when in reality it's the processor choking.

Thanks, but I did not find this setting. Where do I have to look for it?

I use an Nvidia Shield K1 - Still on Android 6.0.1 because 7 was a bit flaky with DJI Go 4 - others have reported no issues with the latest version of Android

Mine is rock solid and never crashes so (based on my experience) I'd recommend one
I use the Shield K1 also. Never a problem and it fits in the case too.

I started out with a Samsung Tab A 16 GB, went to the Nexus (2nd gen. 2013 ) with a little better results, Put an anti-glare screen protector and hood on and it helps me greatly.

Got my Nexus 7 2013 yesterday. I am busy this weekend so I will test it out hopefully Monday..

Here is a screen shot where to find the settings for the bitrate:

1b0af548813e174363e7e883b1063111.jpg

When i first bought my P4P i tried using a Samsung Tab A as i prefer to use Android. The Tab A wouldn't connect so i went out and bought a Samsung S2 tablet for AU$850 and it too wouldn't connect. After days of frustration trying to get both to connect, i finally admitted defeat and bought an Ipad Pro. As much as i prefer Android, i now have a workable system that works first time ..... every time !!!

I like android too but I bought an air 2 two years ago for DJI specifically. It works great and I must admit, it's a fantastic tablet overall too.

Galaxy Tab s2. 9.7 inch version running android 7 nougat as well as 8 inch version running android 6 marshmallow

I have a Nexus 7 2013, works excellent.
Based on your suggestion and another list of compatible deices, I bought a "new" 2013 ASUS Nexus 7 on eBay with Android 4.3, and it works fine, but when I try to install the DJI Go 4 app, it says "Your device is not compatible with this version".

I tried installing the DJI Go ver 3.1,8, and it starts but in a few seconds I get "Unfortunately DJI GO has stopped".

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka