Weird Litchi phenomenon

Reaction score
I had 2 missions saved. Launched the first one, and about half way through, when it got to a waypoint, it started spinning- first rotation slow, the second faster, then it went on its way. At another waypoint, it spun once in the opposite direction. I launched the second mission without landing when she came back, and it ran flawlessly. Those were the first problems I've had with Litchi (which I love). I'm not worried, just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.

POI's or other special instructions woven into the mission?

Check the rotation settings at those waypoints. Best is to use 'managed' for shortest turn.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm
Were there any hot babes in the area that the Phantom might have noticed and turned towards?

I had 2 missions saved. Launched the first one, and about half way through, when it got to a waypoint, it started spinning- first rotation slow, the second faster, then it went on its way. At another waypoint, it spun once in the opposite direction. I launched the second mission without landing when she came back, and it ran flawlessly. Those were the first problems I've had with Litchi (which I love). I'm not worried, just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.
I gave up on Litchi, will not work on my setup. P3P, Galaxy Note 4

Ran another mission today. No problems. It must have just one of those quirks, like when my gimble wouldn't level, and in turns it looked like I was banking. Never happened again.

Ran another mission today. No problems. It must have just one of those quirks, like when my gimble wouldn't level, and in turns it looked like I was banking. Never happened again.
Yeah "one of those quirks" similar to another quirk where Litchi send your bird off into the wild blue yonder, never to be seen again. I think Litchi is just buggy. There is a loyal, vocal fan base here, but give them time and one by one they will be here posting about lost birds.

Litchi has only been "buggy" for me when I programmed it incorrectly. I had the same spinning issue on a flight over the ocean around a pier. The bird correctly flew the path but kept doing 360 degree turns at every waypoint. Upon reviewing my settings, I had somehow changed the "rotation direction" setting to "clockwise" instead of "managed". Reset it, reflew the mission and it was perfect. The only problem I've encountered with Litchi is that sometimes during the mission, it will announce "Mission Ended" when it hasn't ended. I've learned to ignore it and the mission continues as planned (the first time you hear it though, it'll scare the poo-poo out of you). The biggest problem people have with Litchi is not understanding it and making programming errors.

Reactions: GhostRdrTat

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl