Week Signal on Startup

Reaction score
Every time I start my phantom up after it has warmed up for a minute or two it complains of poor signal - it eventually connects with full signal bars - is this standard behaviour or could it point to an issue?

To be clear this is not during flight just at startup before I take off.

Every time I start my phantom up after it has warmed up for a minute or two it complains of poor signal - it eventually connects with full signal bars - is this standard behaviour or could it point to an issue?

To be clear this is not during flight just at startup before I take off.
Remote signal, GPS signal, just to make sure?

Hum, yes odd to me, I have a standard, postioning of remote before you take off? How soon after its done warming up?

Once IMU preheated it tends to be the first thing that happens - remote antennas in correct position.

Once IMU preheated it tends to be the first thing that happens - remote antennas in correct position.
I can't recall do you have signal displayed on warmup?
I guess not because that is were it is displayed?
After warm up how much time does it take?
I would be curious to time it after warmup, then fly or just power down and power back up. Thought being what if the craft is already warm.

Rod

My professional does the same thing. I am on the firmware that came on the quad. I think it's 1.4 something.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm on the latest firmware

Try to arrange your controllers antennas like this
FullSizeRender.jpg

Hum, don't think that's going to help much when your about 10' away and the symptom goes away before he takes off, and never happens in flight.

So I powered on Phantom last night for a different test. Had good signal the whole time while it was warming up!

So this appears to just be on a Pro with certain firmware?

I think he has been, he wouldn't see the warming up message.
On a standard I like,
#1 Remote
#2 Tablet connected to remote (WiFi of coarse) as this can take a few seconds.
#3 Start App or bring app up on screen.
#4 Then power up Phantom.

Reactions: Pharm
Yes, Correct, the post that Raceman17 made me assume it was Pro or Pro / Adv thread.
Looks like the problem maybe on both?
I assume that the Pro/Adv use the same software?
I posted my routine to make the point of being all connected, then the Phantom, because of the WiFi connection between the remote and tablet. That way, I soon as the Phantom hooks up, you can see everything going on the app. Just trying to keep the thread going, since I was the first to post a reply, must be working cause your here, Thanks!

So I am I correct "he wouldn't see the warming up message."?
Just have a P3*hit, would like to know more about them all...

Rod

I have an advanced and yes I do power on in the correct order.

I had this happen the other day I flew. I turned the remote on then the bird. I had a weak signal for a few minutes after it was done warming up. This has never happened to me before. I was however about 20 feet from some low power lines (not the high tension kind) it went away and I had no issues after that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl