Weak signal

Reaction score
Hi all just brought a phantom 3 pro I can fly 3km plus on my iPhone 6 but my iPad Air get to 1.5km and starts getting weak signal I will check that iOS is all up to date on iPad but other than that is there any thing I can do or is it just lag due to bigger screen its so much harder to see on phone and would love to use iPad all the time but enjoy going on those big flights and just can't with iPad

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No one has any answers ?

Same altitude and route?

Hard to understand this report unless the ipad somehow generates more radio interference.
has anyone else noticed this?
I've often thought having the device almost touching the antennas is hardly ideal, it would be interesting to use a longer cable and have the tablet on a stand or something.

Yea I flow the same way as the iPhone I wondered if it was an app on the iPad but it's linked with phone so all should be the same I can't understand it how far are you guys getting with iPad Air 2

Hard to understand this report unless the ipad somehow generates more radio interference.
has anyone else noticed this?
I've often thought having the device almost touching the antennas is hardly ideal, it would be interesting to use a longer cable and have the tablet on a stand or something.
Yup i had face the same,
When i fly the bird from my ipad, i start losing the channel from 650 meter or less sonetimes, i was wondering to whats that issues

Yea I flow the same way as the iPhone I wondered if it was an app on the iPad but it's linked with phone so all should be the same I can't understand it how far are you guys getting with iPad Air 2

Same is happening here, any solutions yet ?!?!?

Trying flying in "Airplane" mode for BOTH and see if you get same distance.

If your iPad Air the cellular version or WiFi only version?

Likely maybe the Phone handles the WiFi differently then an iPad and therefore different amount of interference? In theory, if you put both on Airplane mode, it should cut off all radio frequency interference coming from the devices.

Its seeems no one got the point yet, all is guessing and tryings ?!?! Hope any had the answers and sure thats it worked , to buzz us here

Its seeems no one got the point yet, all is guessing and tryings ?!?! Hope any had the answers and sure thats it worked , to buzz us here
I started with a Mini 3 and now also use an Air 2. I consistently get in excess of 5km with both, when flying LOS. More often than not I forget to go to Airplane mode.

Check out this HealthyDrones link of a 5.3km flight. Notice the sensors page in particular:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Nothing man, i had plenty of research and googling but nothing had came up with real solutions or any publish his solved issues,i was out with my bird testing all the solution that every one post it here , and nothing works, im sure theres some real issues wrong to be discovers in that, appreciate any help

Kinda hard to help solve an issue when so little detail is really provided... pictures? videos? detailed explanation of use in each device case?

What's the antenna(s) position on RC with each device when used?
What's the orientation of the RC to the P3 with each device?
Tried the larger device held away from the RC?

I use an Android 8.4" tablet and have never had any difference in connection quality regardless of distance between that and an iPhone5s... but I'm always sure to keep proper antenna position and orientation with the RC <-> P3

Kinda hard to help solve an issue when so little detail is really provided... pictures? videos? detailed explanation of use in each device case?

What's the antenna(s) position on RC with each device when used?
What's the orientation of the RC to the P3 with each device?
Tried the larger device held away from the RC?

I use an Android 8.4" tablet and have never had any difference in connection quality regardless of distance between that and an iPhone5s... but I'm always sure to keep proper antenna position and orientation with the RC <-> P3
Your right yes- ill post some video records for my screen shows all that issues tonight, and yes the antenna position as per dji guid . Sometimes i have to move all the RC UP HIGH to get more signals
However ill post some video today,

I have a "long range antenna" and have gotten a weak signal/ no signal when the p3 is 20 ft in front of me sitting on the ground. I'm using an iphone 6. I've turned off the wifi and bluetooth, I've changed batteries out, I've put it in airplane mode, and I've been in the middle of nowhere, and it still does it. I've checked for loose wires, but no luck. I've had it fly for 10 minutes with no problem and then all of the sudden give me the no signal or weak signal. I'm convinced something is wrong with my controller. But with my buyer, Drone-World, you get what you get, no help from them. I'm stuck...

Are you guys with distance differences between devices setting the RC to the same channel on both devices, Custom channel 20 for instance? Or simply using a quiet channel?

I have a "long range antenna" and have gotten a weak signal/ no signal when the p3 is 20 ft in front of me sitting on the ground. I'm using an iphone 6. I've turned off the wifi and bluetooth, I've changed batteries out, I've put it in airplane mode, and I've been in the middle of nowhere, and it still does it. I've checked for loose wires, but no luck. I've had it fly for 10 minutes with no problem and then all of the sudden give me the no signal or weak signal. I'm convinced something is wrong with my controller. But with my buyer, Drone-World, you get what you get, no help from them. I'm stuck...
Did drone world do the install ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl