Watch "Dji phantom London airport" on YouTube

Suppose you are aware of the fact that you should NEVER fly withing 5 km's off airport? From what I can tell you are definitely closer than that. If you shot this then I suggest you remove it right now from youtube before somebody starts to look into this....

The guy's a total idiot.....either he he doesn't know what the UK regulations are, or else he's one of the "...no-ones going to tell me where I can fly!" brigade. His other videos are all breaking the regs as well.

A careless, selfish and foolish decision. As others have said, it's stuff like this that will eventually ruin the hobby for the rest of us who abide by the rules designed to keep others safe. You clearly aren't concerned about these things. What a shame....

Last edited:
After yesterdays report of a near miss involving a drone and airbus in London, I can not believe this has been posted.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's London City Airport, taken from New Beckton Park by an extremely dense and idiotic operator....
As for the latest "near-miss".... From the BBC...
The plane was at an altitude of 4,900ft (1,494m) when the drone was seen from the right-side flight deck window.
The crew said the drone - described as black (errrrmmm, a plastic bag perhaps, rather like the "near miss" earlier this year near Richmond-on-Thames?) and about 50cm (20in) wide - "probably" passed above the right wing and a horizontal stabiliser, which is found on the tail of the plane.

Hmmmm, really? So what 50cm sUAV do you know that will fly close to 5,000ft and just how would one see that, whilst travelling at circa 350 knots?

Last edited:
People doing things like this give the whole hobby a bad reputation, wheres the do not like button! :mad:

Folks let's ALL take a deep breath and think before we post.

A) That video is from January of this year (it's now November).
B) We have nothing to indicate the member who posted it has any relation to the person who made the video what so ever
C) Regardless of what they have done we will not allow ANY personal attacks on another member.

We need to enforce auto NFZ very strictly if we have such incidents/ violations/ desires/foolishness...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: John mac
London City Airport in a NFZ now, so it couldn't happen. The fact it was in Jan doesn't absolve them of reckless stupidity, whoever that person may be...

****, this dude got some balls to take off that close to the airport runway.....smh

Let's all remember it's one jackass!
I think 99 percent of us care for this hobby
And I hope people on the outside of this hobby
Will see we are critical and call out people on the
Inside when they do wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Apilot101
Well for me its not just a hobby and thanks to guys like this one I have to face this "its dangerous why are you flying it" all the time. Though I am extremely carefull and I know the laws about all this. This guy is a nuts. The fact that it was shot in Jan doesnt mean anything - it was a no fly zone since the very beginning - but I guess dji didnt have a firmware blocking it at the time but still - a reasonable person should know what can happen near the airport. Andy flying during a windy day near an airport is even worse - chances of losing control are much bigger :-O

Reactions: go fast
It was posted to YT by this chap:
Gary Davis

Can't verify he was the PIC.

That's London City Airport, taken from New Beckton Park by an extremely dense and idiotic operator....
As for the latest "near-miss".... From the BBC...
The plane was at an altitude of 4,900ft (1,494m) when the drone was seen from the right-side flight deck window.
The crew said the drone - described as black (errrrmmm, a plastic bag perhaps, rather like the "near miss" earlier this year near Richmond-on-Thames?) and about 50cm (20in) wide - "probably" passed above the right wing and a horizontal stabiliser, which is found on the tail of the plane.

Hmmmm, really? So what 50cm sUAV do you know that will fly close to 5,000ft and just how would one see that, whilst travelling at circa 350 knots?
To be rather direct, I couldn't give a hoot if it's 1cm or 1000cm, 1 foot or 1000 foot and haven't the will or the time to analyse semantics of near misses. To the general public, it was a drone. A radio report on BFBS stated today, clearly there is no regulations or rules. Well there is but there are also a bunch of know it all idiots who think they are clever by flying in a dangerous manner under the illustrations illusion that because they spent their life savings on a drone they can do as they please. It's only a matter of time until forums like this will become redundant because drones for public use will be banned, and I'm sure this elite group of t0$$er will move on to the next stage of evolution and by a box of crayons to play with. Boggles the mind it really does.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in London and would never do that. Why? Not only is it illegal but what happens if there is a compass error? With all the radar sensors I am so surprised a compass error didn't occur. Plus the fact planes would be halted and diverted if the airport picked up a flying object nearby. What an idiot for flying this... Just what is needed with terrorists plotting against us. Guy should be banned for flying drones

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl