Walkera G2-D Plastic Gimbal Problems....

Reaction score
Hey guys 'n gals,
Got one of these gimbals the other day and regretting it, for neither love nor money can I get this thing to function remotely 'normal' and the instructions are not the clearest or easiest to understand.

Everything is plugged in using an extended version of the supplied 3-cable plug, it powers up OK, is recognised by the Naza Assistant OK and the pitch operates via the controller OK.

However, the Roll is giving me such a headache im ready to throw it out the window, it won't roll with the Phantom, it just stays in one position then will 'snap' left and judder while stuck left, I adjust the V2 to get it centre, and it does the same, or immediately 'snaps and judders' once I hit a certain point on the V2 control.

I've tried to the best of my ability to change the gains and power output but that doesnt seem to affect anything and during this the motors (or controller) made a high frequency sound with the LED flashing all colours at warp speed, im at a total bloody loss.

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated, I've only got a few strands of hair left to pull out!
Cheers,
Lee.

Hey guys 'n gals,
Got one of these gimbals the other day and regretting it, for neither love nor money can I get this thing to function remotely 'normal' and the instructions are not the clearest or easiest to understand.

Everything is plugged in using an extended version of the supplied 3-cable plug, it powers up OK, is recognised by the Naza Assistant OK and the pitch operates via the controller OK.

However, the Roll is giving me such a headache im ready to throw it out the window, it won't roll with the Phantom, it just stays in one position then will 'snap' left and judder while stuck left, I adjust the V2 to get it centre, and it does the same, or immediately 'snaps and judders' once I hit a certain point on the V2 control.

I've tried to the best of my ability to change the gains and power output but that doesnt seem to affect anything and during this the motors (or controller) made a high frequency sound with the LED flashing all colours at warp speed, im at a total bloody loss.

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated, I've only got a few strands of hair left to pull out!
Cheers,
Lee.
I don't know a lot about these but I have one on my P1. I do not have the pitch control connected and use a separate battery for the gimbal. Are you using a GOPRO? I had to add weight to the lcd side of bracket to get camera to balance without power applied. That's normal. If you have the pitch control connected, I would disconnect it and see what the gimbal will do then. I am using a separate 7.4 volt 850 ma lipo battery for power. Be sure the wires are not touching anything during travel of gimbal. .

Im using a GoPro 3 which these gimbals are specifically designed for, the kit does come with a balancing ring to place over the motor to balance it, but it does nothing.

Gimbal is being powered directly from the Naza FC.

Its the roll thats giving the headache, as soon as it senses movement it goes nuts, and will jam to one side and shudder and will stay in that position and wont level back up if i tilt the phantom in the opposite direction.

I never used the balance ring. That goes on the motor side. My Gopro white needed weight on the other side. Can you power the gimbal separately from the phantom. That would eliminate some things.

Bit of blue-tac on the side of the GoPro (opposite side to the gimbal motor) has sorted the tilt issue so thanks for mentioning your GoPro white needed a bit of weight adding.

I thought that would be the end of the matter............. now the pitch goes all over the show, if I point the drone forward the camera points all the way up to the belly of the phantom and stays there regardless, and if i point the phantom behind (as if going backwards) the camera looks down and stays there!

I'm going to take a break and go back to it shortly, I am seriously p*ssed off, as something thats advertised as GoPro 3 ready it's total bull, false advertising at least!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl