Vote hate or love the new layout

I like most of the improvements to the forum, BUT,
listen to your forum members, the color scheme is annoying to the eyes.

listen to your forum members, the color scheme is annoying to the eyes.
We have been listening and have updated several things. If you are using an iphone/ipad, etc, you can choose the option to "invert colors" and see if that helps. I think you will get used to it after a few days.

Jacob it's not right, Trust me.
If it's like this it will be dead.
I want it to work and i want to help.

Take this for example....In the old layout you click on one tab on the homepage called view your posts

It's enabled you to see all your posts and Who has replied last.

Now new layout... I click on my profile name. Then click on view your content. Then I Have each individual reply from me. Then I need to click into it. Then I need to scroll down to see if anybody has replied?

The whole point of creating something new is to make it faster and simpler. A better user interface. That's why Apple sells more than Samsung you can't beat that user interface

On my mobile device, there's no link to the P3?, P2V+, P2V, P2, FC40, and P1.
Can't find the links anywhere.

Why not list them in the Forum Index page like before?

Good lord! We got more drama in here than TNT could handle!

I'm really confused on the issue of returning to the old site. If the old site isn't designed to support the membership we soon will have, how exactly is returning to a broken site beneficial? If we want to continue to grow as a community we had to ditch the old site...yes?

Reactions: Jacob
No complaints here. It's clean, professional, smart.
I miss the view replies to my posts, but that's a small complaint.
So my vote is "like it a lot" ("love" is too strong a word)

No complaints here. It's clean, professional, smart.
I miss the view replies to my posts, but that's a small complaint.
So my vote is "like it a lot" ("love" is too strong a word)

Try that. Is that what you are looking for?

IMG_0471.jpg

Still unhappy when using iPad. When I make the screen bigger and slide the page to the left I get a big black bar. To read that side I have to make smaller.
And I really don't like tap a talk.

not

First, I hate you young people... "...it's fine for me". Wait til you're my age and your eyes are burnt from looking into the skies hour after hour. And loud music will make you go deaf! **** kids...;)

I turned down the brightness on my LED monitor and my eyes stopped bleeding. F'ing change, I hate when someone else is right....:cool:

It's starting to grow on me. Not what I was accustomed to having built/maintained several phpBB forums in the last tens years. Just was a format, for viewing my DOS world. I found a bell and a couple of whistles, looking for more...:rolleyes:

Could we at least have less cheery emoticons? It would help me during my transition away from phpBB. Basic yellow faces would be great.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yeah I'm not a fan of the new site at all. Not trying to be against change I just think the new theme (especially the colours and new logo) look tacky. Also forums look messy and hard to navigate. I've been using the forums less and less lately due to the fact 90% of topics are just people re asking old questions but I think this new site will be the last straw for me. (Was a great forum a year or 2 ago)

Be nice if someone with some graphic design / web design experience could help redo the look and get it neat and tidy again.

Last edited:
There is something that is called "used to".

At first I was very unhappy with the new design but tis is because I was used to the old one. What if this was the original design and now it was changed to the one we had before? I bet the reaction won't be different. After week or two when most of the useres get used to the new design this "dislike" will go away.

It is risky ti change the design of the popular forum but changes are for good reason I believe. This forum have almost 20 000 users and there are at least 20 000 opinions what is nice. May be we should be warned for the change, may be not. The site owner has the right to take decision on his own and since he pays for this site I am respecting it.

The value of this forum is the information not the logo or the design.

Everybody is used to something at some point. I was used and very attached to my firs car but never intended to drive that car for the rest of my life.

There may be some bugs but they will be cleaned for no time.

This is just my opinion and I might be wrong.

First, I hate you young people... "...it's fine for me". Wait til you're my age and your eyes are burnt from looking into the skies hour after hour. And loud music will make you go deaf! **** kids...;)

I turned down the brightness on my LED monitor and my eyes stopped bleeding. F'ing change, I hate when someone else is right....:cool:

It's starting to grow on me. Not what I was accustomed to having built/maintained several phpBB forums in the last tens years. Just was a format, for viewing my DOS world. I found a bell and a couple of whistles, looking for more...:rolleyes:

Could we at least have less cheery emoticons? It would help me during my transition away from phpBB. Basic yellow faces would be great.

I wish we had a grumpy clapping emoticon. I'd make it as big as I could and put it here.
I may not always agree with richwest, maybe I do... can't remember, but I do know I'm still laughing. Great post.

Reactions: CarlJ
Reactions: Cyclone
Try that. Is that what you are looking for?

View attachment 16275

Nope. It's not.
That doesn't show which posts have new content.
Nor does the option for "Your Posts" and "Your Threads" that you get to by clicking the magnifying glass and then the drop down menu arrow in the bottom corner of the dialogue box.
There IS NO OPTION that seems to show which of your posts have new content. And I've searched pretty thoroughly. Given that that was my default opening page, I very much miss it.

Hey Ezookiel , hope all's well with ya !!
I watch threads I am in and any time some one post in it it shows up in that little flag and I can see all that's been hit while I was gone . Wouldn't that show ya what you asking ?
Me lost in here too !! ;)

Reactions: Jacob
Still no aircraft forums in Tapatalk for me. The top forum is Gerneral Forums. I tryed logging in and out again but just the same. I only use tapatalk because I have so many forums to keep up with. After over 1300 posts I think ill have consider moving elswhere. Shame, dont want to move but if I cant access the aircraft forums there is not much point. I did pm jacob and he did reply but no fix yet. Ill give it a day or 2 more and see if it gets fixed....or is it just me and tapatalk.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures