Vote hate or love the new layout

If I read a new post and it turns out being in the P2 section, I have to go back to forums again and click on new posts there. At least that's how I see it. I would like to have a new post button no matter where you are.
Yes, like I said above, if you are in the P2 forum, just scroll over the "Forums" tab then click "new posts" on the drop down. That will show new posts across the whole forum. There is also a section in the sidebar for new posts/threads.

I never liked the Inspire Pilots forum layout, just laborious to navigate the threads. Reminds me of DJI's forum. It really is hard on the eyes. The UI here and at IP is pretty and all but requires effort to see if a thread is hot or not...you have to move your mouse over to see number of pages posted...

I got the idea change was required due to load and whatever, but the UI is making work of being here... Like I'm working on the Phantom on a Buckingham Palace's dining table.... Just not happening...

FWIW, it's set up as a social media site. Great for you younger people that like that stuff. I don't tweet, FB, instagram, or google+.

Maybe to everyone's agreement, but I'll be contributing and visiting less. Good luck!
This is exactly what I was talking about in my post, you guys needed to look at your demographics before making changes willy-nilly. I doubt very much you did that.

I like it. I use tapatalk a lot and it renders really well in the app. I don’t live on the forums so I guess I’m just not getting all the people that are so upset about the update……Works well for me!

So, “love or hate” it? I vote “like” since both of those choices are over kill for a forum about toys. ;)

Reactions: CarlJ and ccase39
I always find it amazing how many people will want their money back every time a free website they use makes changes to the software.

I like the new look and all the changes. Good work.

Reactions: CarlJ
Horrible. Not going to say why because I'm not getting paid to consult.

True, you're not getting paid to consult.

But this is a community and many people here contribute ideas and opinions without getting paid to consult. Isn't that why we're here?

Reactions: Fplvert
Care to elaborate on what makes it so atrocious? Aesthetics, navigation, etc?

Both aesthetics and the navigation plus having to figure out were every thing is in all the thread tools. Tho I'm sure I will get it all figured out soon. I finely figured out how to respond to a PM already with out it bringing up the entire conversation. Its still hard on the eyes tho. But If I turn down the brightness on my monitor might help.

Hey, I thought this was the thread we were using to make suggestions and ***** "about the site".

I have a suggestion. Can we add text that shows us which thread we are in, while we're reading and posting. Once I scroll down and the title is gone, I'm lost. I hear blueberries are good for that.

True, you're not getting paid to consult.

But this is a community and many people here contribute ideas and opinions without getting paid to consult. Isn't that why we're here?

Yes but the owner surely makes money via ads. I will contribute my time to help others on a voluntary basis until they start making money off my advice.

I'm here to contribute. That's why I built this:
http://www.wynotweb.com/

And as far as "Donations" I am always looking for great information to add.
Please send me some. :D

I'm here to contribute. That's why I built this:
http://www.wynotweb.com/

And as far as "Donations" I am always looking for great information to add.
Please send me some. :D

That's a great picture on the big page! What a great place to be able to fly. :cool:

Yes but the owner surely makes money via ads. I will contribute my time to help others on a voluntary basis until they start making money off my advice.
Have you ever figured the time and cost involved with running a "free" website? o_O

Reactions: Jacob
Yes but the owner surely makes money via ads.
Makes money? As in actual profitable income?

I've known several individuals who owned and ran internet forums. The most successful ones I've known were rolling in $$$ from their forum profits. So much so that they could actually afford to buy a couple of six packs of cheap beer a year so long as they waited for it to go on sale*.

*May contain sarcasm

Reactions: Fplvert and Jacob
Makes money? As in actual profitable income?

I've known several individuals who owned and ran internet forums. The most successful ones I've known were rolling in $$$ from their forum profits. So much so that they could actually afford to buy a couple of six packs of cheap beer a year so long as they waited for it to go on sale*.

*May contain sarcasm

I'm going to give Jacob and his partners more credit than that.

This isn't a startup, they just purchased it. I'm guessing with the intent of turning a profit.

Guess what folks, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a business.

People will get over the change. Or not. Definitely one of the two.
The site will go on either way. :cool:

I know several people who own message boards and popular ones. The amount of money they make barely pays for the domain and other logistics that make this possible. It takes a considerable amount of time and effort to keep even the most simplist of these things up and running. Its not enough money to be a full time job but the hours one spends doing it often does take the time of a full time job.
Most just make enough money to pay for their expenses.

Nobody is forcing anyone to continue to post on this forum. There are others if you think this one is so horrible. I would keep in mind that other boards will soon be changing to formats similar to this one.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z