Voltage in cold weather and altitude

Reaction score
Had experience flying in cold weather. Minus 4 celsius or so. yesterday had no problem with altitude. Went up normal. But today the same place, i barely reach a 100 meters. Why is it so? I dont think its more colder then yesterday. Did warming up battery to 25 degrees also.

And another thing, battery voltage sometimes turns orange. 3.4v or something like that.

Plz advice thx

battery voltage sometimes turns orange. 3.4v or something like that.
That's an indication that your battery is getting low and/or you are pushing it too much and need to back off a bit. The battery voltage will temporarily drop when your Phantom needs more power for a short period of time (e.g. during a rapid ascent).

Reactions: ShoRotten
That's an indication that your battery is getting low and/or you are pushing it too much and need to back off a bit. The battery voltage will temporarily drop when your Phantom needs more power for a short period of time (e.g. during a rapid ascent).
And what is the reason that same place i cant go higher then 60 meters, where yesterday i went 350?

Did you set this setting to something greater than 60 meters?

MaxHeight.jpg

If so, what happens when you reach 60 meters? Do you see any messages in the DJI GO app?

No. Absolutely nothing was changed. The same phantom, same controller. Same place. But maybe just a little bit colder, 1-2 degree. Not more. Dont think that can be a a reason.
No messages. Just weak signal and lost signal after.

Just weak signal and lost signal after.
Ah, lost signal. That's a message :)

Did you verify that your remote controller antenna was positioned properly?

Ah, lost signal. That's a message :)

Did you verify that your remote controller antenna was positioned properly?

Yes yes yes)) everything. Its not my first flight. Antenna position is the same as yesterday also.
Can voltage thing i asked before be connected with this?

Yes yes yes)) everything. Its not my first flight. Antenna position is the same as yesterday
You should be constantly adjusting your antenna position and/or aiming your remote controller properly as your Phantom is moving around. If you're not doing that, then your antenna is not in the proper position.

Can voltage thing i asked before be connected with this?
No. There could be some kind of interference in the area where you were flying.

You should be constantly adjusting your antenna position and/or aiming your remote controller properly as your Phantom is moving around. If you're not doing that, then your antenna is not in the proper position.

No. There could be some kind of interference in the area where you were flying.
I am adjusting, but mostly when weak signal appears, and i adjust, it loses it. But i am following the instructions from the video.

And there was no interference yesterday?

And there was no interference yesterday?
I don't know. I can tell you that antenna position and interference are the two most common causes of signal loss though.

I don't know. I can tell you that antenna position and interference are the two most common causes of signal loss though.
I see. The suspicion i had was maybe i damaged it a bit when i flew it in cold weather and too high? Possible?

I don't think so. Many people fly in cold weather.

Maybe try flying in a different location to see if the same thing happens.

And you've tried the antenna like this?

P3S-Antenna-Position.jpg

So if the Phantom is overhead, the antenna should be straight out for example.
If the OP has it pointed straight out (which I'm assuming he does), he could also sometimes be pointing the tip at the Phantom. That's why I'm suggesting the position in the above photo. It works best in most cases.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl