Visual quality using FPV goggles

Reaction score
I am keen to use FPV goggles to fly missions requiring more precise control re difficult locations. My Ipad air 2 is good but even with a sun hood lacks enough contrast in certain lighting conditions because of ambient light levels.
I have purchased some cheap vr googgles and used a Samsung Note 3 phone. Everything works ok but the quality/resolution of the image using the goggles is woeful. Also there is a certain amount of juddering when panning left/right but not up/down.
Studying the images on the phone with Litchi I can see the pixels quite clearly and the image is very soft. This is a 1920 x 1080 screen.
Does anyone know how this visual problem can be solved or do I have to buy a better phone?
Also I have yet to work out how to switch to phone camera view mode for taking off or landing, is this possible with Litchi and Vr or Shinecon glasses? Many people have raved about how clear the image is with VR glasses not even using the expensive sets. At this stage I am not confident using VR glasses to improve the visuals when flying in difficuly locations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl