Visiting Toronto Canada with my P4. Any potential issues?

Reaction score
I'm planning on visiting Toronto for few days later this week from Virginia.

1. Will there be any issues going through the airport/customs with my P4?

2. Any good places to safely fly in Toronto that's pretty awesome to catch aerial shots?

Thank you in advance.

No issues bringing it in to Canada, I've travelled a few times in and out of Canada with mine and never an issue.

Depending on where you're going to be you may or may not be able to fly it due to NFZ's. There are four airports and there are NFZ's for the Skydome and CN tower. Really, the majority of downtown could fall into those NFZ's. You're better off in the outskirts of Toronto.

You'll be able to find beach type locations with the Toronto Skyline in the background if you head to the west end of Toronto along Lakeshore Blvd.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: madkow70
Scarborough bluffs are quite picturesque, I haven't flown the bluffs yet but have seen some nice videos on here.
I;ve flown shores of lake Ontario though, just pulled over on the QEW hwy & cruised the shoreline for couple hours. Drive North on the Don Valley parkway for 30 minutes & you are in farm country, I knock on farmers doors & ask permission to fly, offering some vids. of their property, never had a NO!
I fly allot of conservation areas just North of Toronto & have never had an issue.

Scarborough bluffs are quite picturesque, I haven't flown the bluffs yet but have seen some nice videos on here.
I;ve flown shores of lake Ontario though, just pulled over on the QEW hwy & cruised the shoreline for couple hours. Drive North on the Don Valley parkway for 30 minutes & you are in farm country, I knock on farmers doors & ask permission to fly, offering some vids. of their property, never had a NO!
I fly allot of conservation areas just North of Toronto & have never had an issue.

Fantastic!
Must do those. Will update upon return. Thanks for the tips.

No issues bringing it in to Canada, I've travelled a few times in and out of Canada with mine and never an issue.

Depending on where you're going to be you may or may not be able to fly it due to NFZ's. There are four airports and there are NFZ's for the Skydome and CN tower. Really, the majority of downtown could fall into those NFZ's. You're better off in the outskirts of Toronto.

You'll be able to find beach type locations with the Toronto Skyline in the background if you head to the west end of Toronto along Lakeshore Blvd.

Just as I suspected, CN is NFZ. Hahaha
Toronto skyline should be fun I think.
Can't wait.
Thank you for the leads.

Anybody know the rules at the Niagara Falls?
US side, I'm guessing, is National park so prob NFZ.
Anyone know how the Canadian side of the falls' rules are?

Anybody know the rules at the Niagara Falls?
US side, I'm guessing, is National park so prob NFZ.
Anyone know how the Canadian side of the falls' rules are?

I reached out to the park on the Canadian side and this is the answer I got.

"Drones are not permitted over Niagara Falls as is internationally restricted airspace.
I'm sorry."

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying anywhere around the CN tower is kinda crazy if you ask me. Toronto Island airport(Billy Bishop) is only a stone throw away from the tower and it is a very busy airport. I have also seen Ornge medi helicopters flying low around there going to Toronto Sick Kids Hospital. The area is also very congested and if anything should ever go wrong I can almost guarantee the phantom will hit someone. Please. Don't fly there.

If you look at the Niagra Falls website, in their FAQs section I believe, they have a section there addressing the use of drones at the Falls.

I'm planning on visiting Toronto for few days later this week from Virginia.

1. Will there be any issues going through the airport/customs with my P4?

2. Any good places to safely fly in Toronto that's pretty awesome to catch aerial shots?

Thank you in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl