Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision TX Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Glockindahaus, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Glockindahaus

Hello everyone - I did a search and didnt find anything on this, so forgive me if its already been talked about.

My new "outta-the-box" vision's TX seems to deplete its batteries in record time. Im talking about 30 minutes or one flight. Ive replaced them three times now. Im sure this is a bad TX, but Im not sure if it can be fixed with a firmware update or similar.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2. OI Photography

What is your indication that the batteries are drained? If you're relying on the beeping of the transmitter, know that it will also beep if you leave it on for a while with no input.

3. Glockindahaus

It beeps and flashes red. I can turn off the TX and then back on and it continues to blink red and beep. Removing the batteries and replacing them fixes the beeping.

4. skyhighdiver

stop buying your batteries from Home Depot
    They are a year old before they hit the floor
    :lol:

5. gfredrone

lol at HD. I have the energizer lithium ultimates and have been on 9 sorties so far with them and no low battery signal yet. The grocery store had 4 packs on sale for $4.99 the other day. They are regularly $10-$15 at brick and mortar for 4 depending on where you get them.

6. ZonComGMZ

I use Eneloop rechargeable's and make sure I put in a freshly topped off set everyday before a flight. I do this now since I had a low-battery alert come on the transmitter and it shut off about 10 seconds later. Unfortunately the P2V went into failsafe and was below a tree at the time and on it's way up to 66ft it hit the tree. Now I make sure I have them changed daily even thought I had them run for over a week at the beginning.

7. Glockindahaus

The batteries don't seem to be the issue.

8. skyhighdiver

well they are if they go dead try better batteries
    I use the same as gfredrone energizer lithium ultimates have flown 10 full battery flights and still working good

9. iDrone

It would be hilarious to find out you ended up with a freak controller whose transmitter output was accidentally maxed-out by the factory during assembly & testing... Have you tried range testing it yet? How far can you fly before you get a "Control Signal Lost" warning?

iDrone :geek:

10. Glockindahaus

Im going to range test it today as a matter of fact. Ill post the results. Ill install yet another fresh supply of batteries as well..