Vision System

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I'm flying I don't get any data from the bottom vision sensors. I know that the sonar is working cause it slows down before it lands and the front sensors work. I can see the front radar chart when an obstacle appears but I've never seen anything from the bottom cameras. Am I not doing something right?

I can see the front radar chart when an obstacle appears but I've never seen anything from the bottom cameras.
What exactly are you expecting to see?

I've noticed that when I'm flying I don't get any data from the bottom vision sensors. I know that the sonar is working cause it slows down before it lands and the front sensors work. I can see the front radar chart when an obstacle appears but I've never seen anything from the bottom cameras. Am I not doing something right?
You will only see anything for VPS if you are in VPS range (<10 metres), then you get a readout of VPS indicated height.
If you want to see it, you have to be down low.
i-vdJXK8d-L.png

The radar chart saying that I have an obstacle beneath me and how far away it is. I've seen p4 videos that show 2 radar charts, one for above and I assume the other is for below. Perhaps that's just the rear sensors on the p4p I'm seeing. I don't have a p4p. I'm learning, bare with me.

You will only see anything for VPS if you are in VPS range (<10 metres), then you get a readout of VPS indicated height.
If you want to see it, you have to be down low.
i-vdJXK8d-L.png

I've tried flying low. I've walked under it when it's 8-10 feet off the ground it never sees me, at least I don't show up on the radar screen.

The radar chart saying that I have an obstacle beneath me and how far away it is.
That chart is only displayed for obstacle avoidance sensors. The downward sensors do not detect obstacles. The only thing you'll see in DJI GO is the VPS altitude. You can see an example ("VPS 0.1 M") of that at the bottom, right of the screenshot above.

Ok, I got ya. I'm getting that for sure. I've just seen video with 2 radar charts so I just assumed one was for below. Thanks for the info.

im confused now also lol, what is the chart in this screenshot showing then?
From videos I've watched on Youtube of P4P flights that looks to me like the rear obstacle avoidance sensor. For us with the P4 our front sensor shows along the top of the screen, it makes logical sense that rear sensor radar would show on the bottom with a P4P. I have also seen the radar on the left and right of the screen in P4P videos.

im confused now also lol, what is the chart in this screenshot showing then?

rear sensor info saying that the drone is 0.5m in front of something (presumably the pilot or whatever is casting that shadow on the left) - as said above, front sensors display a similar ark at the top of the screen - think of them like parking sensors on your car :)

Where it shows VPS 0.1m ... that's the VPS altitude display that only comes on when in VPS range

Ak ok, so with the VPS its just the same format as altitude and distance is show :)

Check your settings to make sure VPS is enabled?
i-J8VRqPN-L.png

It works for the front sensors. I just have the standard p4 so I don't have sensors on the side and back. I just thought that the sensors on the bottom also were suppose to give a warning. Apparently that just gives you a distance to nearest thing under you. I can walk under it and the clearance will change from like 9ft to 3 ft but you get no audible warning that something is under it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl