Vision Pilot App

Is the exported log file only in RAW file format? I used your old app last week and had to use that option after forgetting to write the file before power down. And I never was able to find a program to work with the RAW image setup. Maybe you should have the flight logger auto write the file at the moment the motors stop.

I think you refer to our Vision Utility app. You could click on " Export All" to export the log file to csv / kml file.

You guys are doing well with dashware it looks like. Wont be long and you will be double clicking on the gauges and editing them to your personal liking. Make sure you clone them before making changes just so you also have a fresh copy and then whatever custom version you come up with. I always liked going in and adjust the transparency, changing font types, making the needles or gauge face in a color that stands out better.

I haven't really done it yet, but they say it is much better to save your gauges to green screen and add them in your video editing program while adding in any audio you are going to include. Btw, I brought up the green screen info cause the rendering process is much faster. I have taken over 3hrs many times rendering in dashware. Plus it loads way faster in youtube, they say. There are videos that show how to do it.

Isteigerwalt (Leroy), I watch almost all your test videos. One of them I watched 4 times. That kind of stuff is right up my road. I can tell you have never lost a quad,yet. I hope you never do either, but it may happen if you don't change a few small habits. I noticed one of the main processes you do in your test is to fly out near the end of your reception limit. This is perfect time for me to say your absolutely best friend in this hobby is a gps tracker. I lost two quads doing almost the same thing you are doing which is experimenting. Like a fool I have done this in all the hobbies I have been involved in. Always trying to figure out what nobody else has yet. I'm on quad number 4 now. This is what happens what you tend to get bored in what you're doing. But in this case the sdk situation has opened up another world for us freaks of the hobby.

Anyway, I never heard you mention a gps tracker and in the moments when you said you were nervous, or not so fuzzy feeling is when you would have said something about having a tracker if you had one. Should your quad get lost in the woods where you obviously have no other choice to fly near your house, while searching for it you will tell yourself you'll never again fly without a tracker. Knowing that if you had one you could walk right up to it and not have to be spending days if not weeks searching for something that may not be worth repairing anyway. You will also see just how attached you are to your quad if lost.

Moving on, something you never want to do under any circumstances is when you are near the end of your reception limit, is to manually rotate the rear of the quad away from you. You have already noticed that you do not have as good of reception when the quad is facing you. You must keep the better reception facing you. Regardless of what the quad is suppose to do, because in most cases what it is suppose to do, doesn't happen. Never take your quad for granted. Fly on the defensive side always keeping in your mind it could fail. Also don't forget you are flying apps that are in beta stage. Even the DJI app is in beta stage in my opinion. None of these apps are 100%. And that's why we fly with gps trackers to ease the stress some. The best option for a gps tracker is one that will continue to transmit a signal should the quad crash and the battery ejects as they most always do. I use the Flytrex 3G which does not do what I just mentioned, but it does have it's own flight logger that I use to compare data with any apps flight logger I'm also using. You can never have too much data.
Thank you frank.....that was very good advice. I have not purchased a flytrex as of yet and your right...I have been pushing my luck a bit. Maybe I need to back down a little and make sure I fly closer to home or in more open areas...just found an rc club 20mins from the house with a 600acre flying field :)

Thank you frank.....that was very good advice. I have not purchased a flytrex as of yet and your right...I have been pushing my luck a bit. Maybe I need to back down a little and make sure I fly closer to home or in more open areas...just found an rc club 20mins from the house with a 600acre flying field :)

I talked with the committee last night and we're looking to include you in next weeks round table meeting in google hangouts if you're interested.

Btw, this app has some nice things going for it so far. But they really need to get away from all the Tap this here, drag two fingers this way, ect. I say that because once users get back into the cold weather again when your screen doesn't want to cooperate that well in cold temps will probably make such apps useless altogether.

I talked with the committee last night and we're looking to include you in next weeks round table meeting in google hangouts if you're interested.

Btw, this app has some nice things going for it so far. But they really need to get away from all the Tap this here, drag two fingers this way, ect. I say that because once users get back into the cold weather again when your screen doesn't want to cooperate that well in cold temps will probably make such apps useless altogether.
I would be glad to. When and where?

ok so I took my phantom out today for a flight and i ran the app but all i got on the screen was a garbled mess, so I reverted back to the dji default app where everything went perfectly.

ok so I took my phantom out today for a flight and i ran the app but all i got on the screen was a garbled mess, so I reverted back to the dji default app where everything went perfectly.
I Have Seen That Occur From Time To Time As Well. I Was Doing A Flight From A Boat On The Weekend And Wanted Reliability So I Had To Stick With The Offical DJI App With DHP And Used The Old Vision+ Utility Pro For Logging And Boosting. Hopefully The Artifact Problem Can Be Fixed Soon.

Reactions: clayton4115
Has anyone used this app with ground station, I want to do my first GS flight using the DJI app but how to get this app to also record the flight so I can then get the data to use with dashware.

Ok so took it out again and again it started getting messed up, so while my quad was hovering mid flight i quickly went to check the setting and saw it was at 30 fps so I changed to the lowest resolution for wifi viewing which was 15fps and all was good !

One of our customers sent us this video about the SOLO drone.

There are some new features in their app we think are creative and useful Those could be implemented with DJI SDK. Any thoughts? eg.

CABLE CAM
With Solo locked on a virtual cable in the air, you’re free to pan and tilt the camera without worrying about piloting the copter. Solo can even memorize the shot at each end point and fly itself from one frame to the next, while working the camera for you as smoothly and evenly as a seasoned pro.

SELFIE
Automatically put yourself in the middle of a scenic aerial pullout shot.
As Solo flies itself up and back, your surroundings expand, building and revealing more and more of the world around you—it’s a portrait and a landscape all at once. Record the clip directly to your phone for easy saving and sharing.

Hi guys I just downloaded the App and was wondering how to save missions before taking of an how to set altitudes to the mission / route

Where is the follow me/Ground Station Features you told us were is the works when you first introuduced this app??? I see you released another App that cost even more than this one and that includes follow me feature.. So anyone who bought this app thinking the developer was going to update it to include new features is out of luck , misleaded and robbed of the $9.99 they paid for the app???

So let me guest you are going to charge another $10+ for another App for the ground station feature??

You my friend should be reported to DJI and have your SDK revoked..... Thats some shady *** business...

Hi, all. we re just back. You forget to update your info. Now we offer 2 days discount for iOS and android version and it is USD 1.99

iOS version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot-plus/id981481019
android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot

NOTE: For iOS version, to have the follow me related features work properly, you should have a iOS device with GPS built in. If you have a iOS device that does not have a built-in GPS module, please do not buy it.

Last edited:
Where is the follow me/Ground Station Features you told us were is the works when you first introuduced this app??? I see you released another App that cost even more than this one and that includes follow me feature.. So anyone who bought this app thinking the developer was going to update it to include new features is out of luck , misleaded and robbed of the $9.99 they paid for the app???

May we know if you are using android version. For android version, the price is USD 9.99, you do not need pay extra for the follow me feature. If you want to join the beta testing, you could add our group. http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/vision-pilot-android-app-follow-me-beta.39249/

Also, we offer 2 days discount for iOS and android version and it is USD 1.99

iOS version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot-plus/id981481019
android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl