Vision Camera Tip

Reaction score
Prevent Camera damage...

Get yourself a couple small zip ties use 2 or 4 on the gimble going through the dampening rubbers .
If you have a crash it will save the camera from being ripped off the mount causing damage to plugs, wires and everything else camera.

Got it! I wish DJI had thought of that as a factory design. When mine crashed yesterday I was surprised at how easily the camera popped off. As I have written in another post, my gimbal motor cable was severed (rather cleanly, in fact) about a half inch behind the white connector on top of the camera.

I've ordered the cable pack from DroneFly. Lesson well learned.

I have some fitted diagonally, loose enough not to affect the dampeners, tight enough to not allow much movement if the rubber grommets popped in a crash. I prefer the black ones as they are easier to confirm they are in place, that said I think I have some bright yellow ones which might be cool... :cool:

Attachments

• 2014-02-16 16.26.50.jpg
    2014-02-16 16.26.50.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 625
Seahorse said:
I have some fitted diagonally, loose enough not to affect the dampeners, tight enough to not allow much movement if the rubber grommets popped in a crash. I prefer the black ones as they are easier to confirm they are in place, that said I think I have some bright yellow ones which might be cool... :cool:

Yep, 2 is all you really need. They keep you from crashing also !

I haven't crashed since I put them on :D

Blutak stuck on the bottom of the landing gear can help stick the P2V "betterer" to your car roof when you drive off ..... a hint I hope will never need again :shock:

I did this before the first flight. Old habits are hard to break.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom