Vision battery !

Reaction score
I have a problem with the battery. I have done software upgrades etc: Flew it for 10 min this morning (first flight) battery power went from 90% down to 20% in 10 min !
But it won't recharge it gets to about 37% then charger switches off, any ideas ?
Thanks for your help.
Glen.

Bigvern said:
I have a problem with the battery. I have done software upgrades etc: Flew it for 10 min this morning (first flight) battery power went from 90% down to 20% in 10 min !
But it won't recharge it gets to about 37% then charger switches off, any ideas ?
Thanks for your help.
Glen.

You could try to reinstall the battery, switch phantom ON, leave it on until the battery is at 3 or 4% then try to recharge it.

Doesn't recharge? Defective battery...

Bigvern said:
Thanks for your help.
Glen.

Other thing you can do is connecting Phantom to the Vision Assistant, then click advanced, then battery and it will show the three voltage levels of the three battery cells.

Check them.

Let us know the voltages you read.

PhantoMax said:
Bigvern said:
Thanks for your help.
Glen.

You could try to reinstall the battery, switch phantom ON, leave it on until the battery is at 3 or 4% then try to recharge it.

Doesn't recharge? Defective battery...

I dont know nothing about battery´s but 4 procent is too low. I know my normal Lipo battery´s (not for PV) won´t charge when the voltage has been too low because they can burn during charging and a good charger will prevent charging in that case.
Another thing is that when the battery voltage has been too low, you can have a cell drop out during flight. The PV is a 3S so probably one cell is not working as it should.
Call your dealer on monday.

Thanks for the help people !

Attachments

• screen print.jpg
    screen print.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 484
Bigvern said:

As you can see reading "current capacity" is one third of the full capacity.

You said battery is completely charged, so, defective battery.

PhantoMax said:
Bigvern said:

Are you sure that battery is fully charged?

Percentage of charge say 36%...
Charger switches of at this point, I have run it down twice and then tried to charge again but stops charging at 36%/37%
Thanks for replys
Glen

One of those cells is way out. You have a defective cell, or a defective smart circuit that isn't balancing - one cell is hitting north of 4v and it's shutting down the charge input.

Whatever the cause, email that screenshot to your dealer and ask them when they propose sending you out the replacement battery you require. There are always going to be faulty units in electronic items, and yours is a pretty open-and-shut case thanks to the Vision Assistant readout.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl