Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vision App: FPV Freeze on RAW Save?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Werz, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Werz

Has anyone had FPV freeze in the Vision app upon saving a RAW file?

Today, I decided to try still photography for the first time. After running a couple of videos, I started taking still images in RAW mode. I noticed that they took a while to save, but I was patient. However, after the last still image, the screen stayed black, and both the photo and video icons remained grayed-out, even after I landed the bird. The image did save, and the telemetry continued to work, but the FPV was never restored, even after I backed out to the main menu and returned to the camera screen. Is this a common problem for saving still images?

2. AcierX

I have this happen too after about 10-15+ images. Latest firmware and software etc. Any advice?

3. FalconPix

Same here

4. smokiespliff

This happened to me twice for the first time in the past week. Just as you describe - 'shutter' on the app closes and never reopens again. Tried going into gallery on the app, exiting and back in again - nothing. I had to land and power-cycle everything. At least with the first time it did not save the image to the card (other images saved fine). As it happens it was 2 different cards - one an old 16GB, and a brand new 4GB I bought when I forgot the other.

Anyone else with the same problem and any solutions?