Vision App Compass Calibration Message

Reaction score
Yesterday while getting ready to film some corn fields for a farmer my vision app gave me a message of "Compass Calibration Needed". I was not able to turn on video, take pictures, or set up a flight path. I went home and did an IMU calibration. Went back to corn field and everything was fine.

Today, different corn field same message. All lights on bird show that it is ready to fly but vision app says compass calibration needed.

Went home and every thing was fine. Checked IMU's on PC and compass mod is at 1300-1350. Plugged MC into assistant on laptop and compass mod is 1175-1185. My status on the imu menu says idle, where as on PC it was always ready.

I have had no recent hard landings.

I havent found any info on the "compass Calibration needed" message on vision app. Do I need to do a magnet calibration?

Last edited:
Yesterday while getting ready to film some corn fields for a farmer my vision app gave me a message of "Compass Calibration Needed". I was not able to turn on video, take pictures, or set up a flight path. I went home and did an IMU calibration. Went back to corn field and everything was fine.

Today, different corn field same message. All lights on bird show that it is ready to fly but vision app says compass calibration needed.

Went home and every thing was fine. Checked IMU's on PC and compass mod is at 1300-1350. Plugged MC into assistant on laptop and compass mod is 1175-1185. My status on the imu menu says idle, where as on PC it was always ready.

I have had no recent hard landings.

I havent found any info on the "compass Calibration needed" message on vision app. Do I need to do a magnet calibration?

Why not simply do a compass calibration at the location you get the "compass calibration needed " message?

It takes only 30 -60 seconds and no pc needed.

also make sure no metal is near or under you quad at take off point... messes with compass!

Reactions: Mako79
agreed. why are you doing imu cal when that is not related? do the compass cal instead like it says. there. at the field.

Take off on a cardboard box.
If you are taking off on concrete, there is rebar that is causing magnetic influence.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl