Videos without Gimbal

Reaction score
I would like to see some amateur videos w/o Gimbal. Pls, specify the camera and any trick you use to stabilize it.

lalvar40 said:
I would like to see some amateur videos w/o Gimbal. Pls, specify the camera and any trick you use to stabilize it.
If you ask me you would want gimbal.
I had reservation for this trip to Arizona and already ordered the gimbal, did not arrived yet.
Had to do it without it, the gimbal came within a month :-(

It can be painful to watch a longer clip without a gimbal, there are occasions where the 'zooming about' feeling is desirable.
Flying very sedately on near calm days you can get usable footage.
This is an SJ4000 on my Phantom One, it has been stabilised in Adobe Premiere with Warp Stabiliser.
This certainly stabilises it but introduces some very strange warping effects which are hard to watch too.

Youtube have a stabiliser in their edit tools which does work quite well but is an on/off switch applied to the entire video.
When I've tried it some bits look better, others worse so generally changed it back!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD6DJ6f9KNo[/youtube]

Thank you all for posting in this blog. My learnings:
1. Only way to have a real stable image is with a Gimbal.
2. If we use video editing stabilization instead of Gimbal, we will get some weird wobble effects bcs of the SW trying to stabilize.
3. If we do not have the money for the Gimbal, we still can have a "professional work" by using still images, and adding some animation with the video editor.
Attached is a video I made with just still images and a mobius action cam.
http://youtu.be/MF8GPfsmNPs?list=UUyEw_ ... aLBO6HsHIg

The other way you could smooth it out is to use the ATTI mode.
The quad still dips when you accelerate at the start but once you let off the throttle it levels out again and the momentum carries it straight in the direction it was going.
If you use the GPS mode it dips at the start and if you change throttle at all during the flight the picture will pan up and down as it speeds forwards and slows down.
You can select between GPS and ATTI in Naza mode.
Just be aware that it can build a lot of momentum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl