Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video using Autopilot and CPL filter

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ElGuapo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ElGuapo

I shot this video at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Ca. Windy day 10/12 MPH, temperature was 101 degrees, using Autopilot. I created two missions for this video, although it could have been done with just one but I did not want to take chances due to the wind. I was shooting in 4K the whole time using a CPL filter.
    Some of the movements are a little jerky due to the wind. Me and another member from this forum met there yesterday Sunday to fly our drones.

A week before the event I spoke with staff at the Rose Bowl. Bottom line is Stadiums have a temporary flight restriction an hour before the event until an hour after the event concludes.

2. SoCalDude

Very nice! Let me know the next time you guys go.

3. ElGuapo

I will keep you posted. I want to go back for a second video. I want to fine tune my Autopilot mission.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

4. BrandAL

Ok dumb question: Did DJI go app put a geo fencing around the stadium? You got really close there. I remember flying around the Sunlife stadium and my drone will not go beyond the geofencing ring. Weird !

5. ElGuapo

First of all there is no such thing as a dumb question, we are all here in this forum to learn by sharing our experiences.

I was using Autopilot's waypoint mission. What I usually do is I run DJI's Go App to check for GPS signal, set home point in case RTH is needed. Then using the DJI Go App I fly the aircraft to a comfortable altitude, about 50 feet or so, once i reach that altitude I close the App and launch Autopilot, load the pre-saved mission, switch the remote to F and engage the mission.

My P3P is not at the latest fw, I am running 1.7 I believe. It is flying perfectly fine, very stable even in windy conditions.

I have heard about geofencing in the latest firmware. What firmware do you currently have installed in your aircraft?.

6. BrandAL

I'm using FW 1.8 and the latest DJI go app. Here's the pic of what showed in my screen.
    [​IMG]

7. ElGuapo

BrandAL,

What you are seeing in your screen is something else. If you look at the upper left hand corner of your display you are getting a "weak Remote Controller" signal. To be sure upload the flight log of the day you created the screen shot you are showing and post a link to see the result of your.
    On the site you are going to find instructions on how to pull the flight log from your mobile device iOS / Android. Once posted post the link,
    Here is a link: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

#7 ElGuapo, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016